Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into both of these bars...Can anyone tell me if there are going to be clearance issues with the Monkey Baggers? ie: glove box opening or hitting inner fairinng when turning? I know there is one member on here that has the Baggers on his RG but havent heard back from him yet. I am looking at the 12" in either set. Also I am concerned with width...wider the better for me

·
Registered
539 Posts
Monkey Baggers? Paul Yaffe makes Monkey Bars. Dont know what Monkey Baggers are? Think u might be a little confused. Or maybe i am? The 10" Monkey Bars from paul yaffe allow you to install custom bars without extending cables or wires. theres no clearance issues. I want the 12" monkey bars, cuz i know if i went with the 10" i would have wished i went with 12"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yaffe makes both Monkey Bagger Bars as well as OEM Monkey Bars. A member on here appears to have the Monkey Bagger Bars on his bike and I am interested in those bars. I know the OEM Monkey Bars will fit my RG, but I never saw the Monkey Bagger Bars on a RG, they are usually made for the SG/EG's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the pic I saw too, Sent message to the poster of that pic, havent heard back yet, it doesnt look like the bars will interfere with the glove boxes but I want to be sure before I drop the $$

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks like Ness mirrors and the HD contrast cut grips. Not sure on the grips but the mirrors are Ness for sure.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
MASSHD you were right about the grips

You're right about the grips, they are HD, and they are damn proud them too. They are sweet, but damn that were high for a pair of grips...

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah they are harley edge cut series grips. i just put them on my rg when i put on the 13" monkey bars. for those looking for bars if you want 10s get the 12 you always want more. my 13s measure out to be 14s. i tried them out on my buddies bike before i gought them. how ever they did take 6 weeks to come in and i was told 3. thats a long time to wait for bars. not happy with yaffe but happy with the bars. expensive but bad ass

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2010FLTRX...did you go with the Monkey Bagger Bars or the OEM Monkey Bars? I am still waiting to hear back from WUNT1 about his...His pic looks like he has the Monkey Bagger Bars but they are designed for the Street Glide/Electras

·
Registered
656 Posts
How about just 1"- 1/2 bars. Does anyone have these bars?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did the regular monkey bars but custom ordered them in 13" not the street glide bars. that wouldnt look right. mine go straight up and the look awesome. check my photo album for pics

1 - 17 of 17 Posts