Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When they first came out I thought I wanted one. Then I decided I was going to wait to see if they came out with a limited. I walked into my dealer today and he had an autum rust colored one siting there . The only thing that saved me was I haven't seen a red one yet. So.... For you guys that have one are you satisfied. Any complaints ?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
My only complaint is the damn weather preventing me from riding it. All of 125 miles in 3 months.:mad:

Actually there's some things that irk me about it for the price they jacked them up to. The trim around the TP lights is just plain black, not color matched like the one on my '11 I traded in. Passenger lumbar support is gone on the new one. Mrs might not like that. Cheesy shift linkage and brake pedal bar along with the shifter bars instead of something a little fancier. I'm sure there's a few other petty things but I can't remember them at this time. The 20+ month old issues with the infotainment system they can't seem to fix is affecting all the Boom 6.5 setups. Not just the CVO. Those damn plain ass mirrors but even my '11 had them.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The only thing that saved me was I haven't seen a red one yet.
I been to 2 different dealers and they both have had the black/rust one that you speak of. I keep telling the wife if we walk in and find a red one, we're buying it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same with me, I've seem the autumn rust and thought it looked pretty good. I've been able to hold out because I use to have a cvo road king in the burgundy blaze red and I liked it a lot. I walked into my local dealer and he got an autumn rust one so it got me going. Sure enough another dealer has one about 45 min away. I'm afraid to go look at it :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So a couple more questions for the 15 CVO Glide owners:
Have you noticed if the wetheads cool the bike down compared to a 13 in a stock setup ?
Have you replaced pipes and gotten rid of the CAT and how does it compare now?
Also, Any problems with Glare of the infotanment Screen because of the way it lays in the fairing ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just put 1760 miles on the bike( to Albuquerque and back to San Diego). One day return was 883 miles. It is much more comfortable than my 11 CVO RG Ultra.

To address some of the questions.
1. I'm quite satisfied with the ride and comfort. The new fairing design really keeps the head buffeting to a minimum. My hands dont get as cold as on the older fairing.
2. The wet head really does wonders for heat. My 11 killed me. This has less heat than my 09 CVO and it doesnt have lowers.
3. Yea, the glare on the infotainment is a PITA at times. The only bad thing with the GPS is that if you skip a stop(waypoint) it wants you to go back unlike a Garmin that reprograms and keeps going. Workaround is that you stop the trip then restart it for a waypoint that is ahead of you and it picks up from there.
4. I like the grips, mirrors and floorboard design. Easy to clean. The 09 and 11's are a bitch to clean!
5. No lumbar on the passenger backrest. Not a big deal as the OL didnt use it.
6. I think the power is about the same(stock) as my 11 after I did stage 1, removed the cat and installed Fullsac baffles and a TTS download. Since power is decent(especially over 3000 rpm) I think I wont waste money on stage 1, pipes or download. In Cali its done primarily to fight the engine heat and EPA restrictions.
7. Love the Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon. Good lookin in the sunlight but they could have been a little more creative with the paintjob.
All in all...no regrets! Love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.