Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 500W 4 channel J&M XTP amp, but I how I'm supposed to provide the input signal to the rear RCA inputs on the amp.

1 - Should I splice the stock front speaker output into both front and rear RCA inputs on the amp?

2 - Can the stock head unit on a 2014 RG be flashed to have front to back fader controls?

3 - Also, I'm wondering if it would be better to use a line level convertor on the signal, and use the "preamp" setting on the amp instead of "speaker" input.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
I got the 500W 4 channel J&M XTP amp, but I how I'm supposed to provide the input signal to the rear RCA inputs on the amp.

1 - Should I splice the stock front speaker output into both front and rear RCA inputs on the amp?

2 - Can the stock head unit on a 2014 RG be flashed to have front to back fader controls?

3 - Also, I'm wondering if it would be better to use a line level convertor on the signal, and use the "preamp" setting on the amp instead of "speaker" input.

Thanks in advance.
You might want to ask John in the J&M section. I know on the Rockford fosgate Punch amps you cut the rca plug off and wired off the head units speaker wires (high level connection) and left the remote wire unused. I'd first check with John on his amp.
if you ment 2013 RG RX ?? !Yes, a simple flash turns on the fader.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After re-reading the J&M amp instructions, I now understand that that provided wires terminated with pins that I have to plug into the NUOH (Non-Ultra Override Harness) to obtain the rear speaker signals.

Also, apparently Harley can flash the HK head to activate a Fader control. I wonder if that adds Balance control also.

I'm still also wondering if its worthwhile to use a line level convertor with J&M's "preamp" amp input setting, or speaker level feeding the amp's "speaker" setting is just as good, or does the same thing.

Ken

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I sent the HK to Iron Cross Audio for the F&R Preamp Outs, ICA includes the Fade flash.

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
McGruder ,,,,,

the J&M ROKKER XTP amp kit should have been 100% plug-n-play for your specific model Harley Bagger,,,,,,

what is the year & model of your Harley and what is the exact model number of the J&M ROKKER 500w amplifier kit that you purchased ? ,,,,

I will help you get this done ,,,,,

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
McGruder ,,,,,

the J&M ROKKER XTP amp kit should have been 100% plug-n-play for your specific model Harley Bagger,,,,,,

what is the year & model of your Harley and what is the exact model number of the J&M ROKKER 500w amplifier kit that you purchased ? ,,,,

I will help you get this done ,,,,,
John - Thanks for checking in on my install. It's all done and working and sounding great on my 2013 RGC/FLTRX. I just wanted to make sure I'm getting the optimal sound quality.

I noticed 2 settings on the input. As you noted, it was pre-configured to receive the (speaker level) output of the HK head unit, interfaced to the J&M amp through the RCA inputs. There was an alternative setting on the unit for pre-amp input, and I wanted to make sure that using a 3rd party line level convertor fed into the unit with preamp setting was not a preferred setup for sound quality.

This was a significant boost in the system's loudness and clarity over the previous lower powered systems through the 2 front speakers. Thanks...

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts