Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bit the bullet an bought a S&S 551 CE cam kit. After my bank account recovers, i'll then have to buy the pushrods and bearing tool. My question is, if I install the cams my self, do I need to do a tune before riding it? I dont have the tuner yet. So was thinking of driving down for a dyno tune after cam install, but dont want to be running too lean. I currently have the stage 1 download on the ecm

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I just bit the bullet an bought a S&S 551 CE cam kit. After my bank account recovers, i'll then have to buy the pushrods and bearing tool. My question is, if I install the cams my self, do I need to do a tune before riding it? I dont have the tuner yet. So was thinking of driving down for a dyno tune after cam install, but dont want to be running too lean. I currently have the stage 1 download on the ecm
When I did my Andrews 57H and D&D Fatcats, just after install, I rode straight to the dyno guy and had it tuned. Rode it about 18 miles to get there. Didn't do anything stupid while riding over. The ride home was fun. Just don't think you are gonna ride a while before a tune. The timing will be off as well as the a/f mixture.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I did my Andrews 57H and D&D Fatcats, just after install, I rode straight to the dyno guy and had it tuned. Rode it about 18 miles to get there. Didn't do anything stupid while riding over. The ride home was fun. Just don't think you are gonna ride a while before a tune. The timing will be off as well as the a/f mixture.
You didn't mention if you already had a tuner installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts