Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a complete set of four Custom Dynamics LED turn signal inserts at a swap meet for $30 Sunday, and finally got a chance to put them in last night. They seem to work fine except for flashing a good bit faster than usual after the first few blinks ... Which I don't really mind, if... It's not going to ultimately create a problem - like smoking the TS module - down the road.

So is there any issue with letting them blink a bit fast, or do I really need to get something to balance the load to prevent damaging the TS module??

Note: I put these on my otherwise completely electrically stock 2010 FLTRX.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I picked up a complete set of four Custom Dynamics LED turn signal inserts at a swap meet for $30 Sunday, and finally got a chance to put them in last night. They seem to work fine except for flashing a good bit faster than usual after the first few blinks ... Which I don't really mind, if... It's not going to ultimately create a problem - like smoking the TS module - down the road.

So is there any issue with letting them blink a bit fast, or do I really need to get something to balance the load to prevent damaging the TS module??

Note: I put these on my otherwise completely electrically stock 2010 FLTRX.
You need the load equalizer on your bike and it's $75 new from CD. You're still way ahead even buying a new one.

https://www.customdynamics.com/6-pin-slimline-smart-signal-stabilizer-load-equalizer-for-harley-davidson?cat=59

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need the load equalizer on your bike and it's $75 new from CD. You're still way ahead even buying a new one.

https://www.customdynamics.com/6-pin-slimline-smart-signal-stabilizer-load-equalizer-for-harley-davidson?cat=59
Shit that was fast, thanks man!

So is it apt to take it out rather quickly, or do I have time to shop around a bit? And yes I ask knowing full well that electrical parts are like light bulbs (e.g. like to go poof!) and have no obligation to honor any average time given.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Shit that was fast, thanks man!

So is it apt to take it out rather quickly, or do I have time to shop around a bit? And yes I ask knowing full well that electrical parts are like light bulbs (e.g. like to go poof!) and have no obligation to honor any average time given.
You should be fine for a bit. I definitely wouldn't do it long term though.

·
Registered
973 Posts
When you installed the CD lights, did you then turn on your hazard lights?

It programs the CD lights when you hit your hazard button for a minute.

Swomack
Try this before spending cash on a load equalizer. I put all LED signals on my '15, with CD up front and Harley in the rear. All I had to do after install was turn on the hazards for about a minute and the can-bus system learns them. All work just fine. Wait....I just realized you have a 2010, so you may very well need a load equalizer. Sorry, it's early.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
811 Posts
You do need the load equalizer on any bike 2013 and older with the LED turn signals; for 2015 and newer, the CANBUS will compensate when you run the flashers for a minute or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
You do need the load equalizer on any bike 2013 and older with the LED turn signals; for 2015 and newer, the CANBUS will compensate when you run the flashers for a minute or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do need the load equalizer on any bike 2013 and older with the LED turn signals

Good info right there that I didn't know about 2013 and older Roadglides.

Swomack

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks guys ... I'll put the CD load equalizer on the top of my shopping list then.

I gotta find some clear lenses for the fronts now too. I saw them on a cop bike in Daytona and liked the affect. And since one of the lens tabs was broke, it's a fine excuse for an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There are cheaper options on load equalizers that do just fine. Had one on my old Fatboy. Though I believe you will need one for front and one for rear if I remember correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts