Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Stupid question for you. I've got an 07 RG, and I've got what appears to be an extra cruise control switch. Extra switches make me nervous.

I have the normal cruise toggle on the top of the tree, and I've got the set/resume switch on the right hand side, but my left-hand side has a forward/back rocker, just inboard of the audio volume switch. It is "chrome" (plastic) and reads "cruise" vertically down the center, and the forward/back sides read "on" and "off." It doesn't seem to do anything, but my cruise also doesn't do anything either. The amber comes on, but never sets/turns green. I'll troubleshoot that separately, but I don't think the bike is supposed to have another cruise on/off on the left hand controls.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The '09/earlier models have the complete hand controls for Cruise Control and CB, like the Ultra. Cruise Control was Standard Equipment. But not CB.
Beginning with the '10 model year, the Cruise Control is an option and the hand controls must be changed for the Cruise or CB to be added.

The inner switch on the left control (as seated) is the CB switch for squelch. The cruise is on the inner right control. They both move laterally. The original switch knobs are black. If you have two chrome cruise knobs, I bet someone just put any kind of knob on the CB switch. Or it is the switch knobs for a Road King. The RK does not have the CC On/Off switch on the triple tree. It has On/Off on the left hand control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts