Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys,

I feel like an idiot, but what am I doing wrong here, is there no way to get this off without cutting the wires? I thought to myself, simple I'll just remove the pins from the connector and it will slide right through the bolt head lol nope, are the pins attached after the light was pulled through. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ok Guys,

I feel like an idiot, but what am I doing wrong here, is there no way to get this off without cutting the wires? I thought to myself, simple I'll just remove the pins from the connector and it will slide right through the bolt head lol nope, are the pins attached after the light was pulled through. Any thoughts?

View attachment 418490
If you loosen the bolt can you get the grommet pushed out through the top of the TP? And then would one pin at a time pass through the bolt and out through the top of the TP?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you loosen the bolt can you get the grommet pushed out through the top of the TP? And then would one pin at a time pass through the bolt and out through the top of the TP?
The Luggage rack is completely disconnected.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it's not removable from the light side, and I keep trying to pull the pins through the bolt one at a time and it's not working... I was hoping to find that the Pins are connected to the wires after they are threaded through the bike. But, why would someone engineer it that way? lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
If the pins won’t go through one at a time I’d cut the pins then. You can get new pins.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Is that an HD tour pak rack? I know you said OEM, but what model comes factory with a light on the rack?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I looked it up, that's an HD accessory light not OEM. The light is installed without the pins on the wiring, and then installed after they are routed through the lid. Here are the HD replacement pins.
Pin terminal, 16-20 AWG (3)73190-96

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked it up, that's an HD accessory light not OEM. The light is installed without the pins on the wiring, and then installed after they are routed through the lid. Here are the HD replacement pins.
Pin terminal, 16-20 AWG (3)73190-96

Thanks for the part number.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I’m sorry, I should have not called it OEM rather it’s Genuine Harley Aftermarket.
All good, it just threw me for a loop trying to recall a bike with a light on the rack. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts