Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scratching of the original bags that is.
Is there scuffing of the original bag? I know just a leather bag sitting on a fender for a few miles will leave scuffs.
If you are in the rain with them on does water get caught between the bag and the cover?

Thank you

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a set and they do not scratch the lids. I just came back from TN. on the way up there it rained real hard for 3 hours the covers didn't have water trapped inside. When I got home trying to get them off I cracked one of them. I cleaned it up and put it back on. will run the bike this afternoon to see if they will stay on. Looking at them I see all the scuff marks and scratches and think that could be my saddlebag top. If it dosn't stay on I will have to purchase a new set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The covers do not touch the lid with the exception of the very front & rear which are covered with a soft coating. So as long as the cover is NOT depressed on to the lid, like a passenger boot on them, they will not touch your lid. They are designed to protect against heel & toe strikes, not so you can sit stuff on your lid. Water may get between the cover & lid, but usually just drains out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Don't be afraid to buy them. They work great and don't hide the look of your bike. I posted earlier on how I liked them and they were good, but cracked a lid. They sent me a pm saying they were going to replace them free of charge. Now that's real customer service. I didn't contact them they contacted me. It doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have these. After riding to and from Sturgis this year, I did notice that there were marks on my lids. Im not sure if dirt got under the lids and rubbing occured or what, but there are for sure areas where there was some rubbing. I must say though, if I didnt have them Im sure my lids would be a lot worse off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right side scratched the length of the lid after only 40 miles

Without more info we can not assist you, at this point we must assume some repair work was done to the lid, if not again call us to discuss, 770-534-5551

1 - 7 of 7 Posts