Road Glide banner

Question about the Fairing Exchange

8K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  HellInABucket 
#1 ·
Hi,

Looking at options for painted inner on my 2019 RG. One option I found was The Fairing Exchange. Has anyone used them? I have heard good things in the research I have done. Another question I had was if they also include a painted air duct on the top of the fairing or if they offer that for an additional cost? Also has anyone done a different color on their inner? I was curious how it might look with maybe some kind of silver/gray, maybe even a denim type color. My bike is the Blue Max color BTW.

I will probably email them with some questions, but thought I would see if anyone on the forum had any direct experience to share.

#2 ·
I used them for bag extensions. Great guy to deal with. I so believe it is a complete change out. All inner fairing pieces. Gauge nacelle and all. But call him. He will get back to you. He also has a list of the Rallys he attends. make an appointment and you're in and out. I'd use him without question.

#3 ·
Paul is probably the best guy you could get to do your inner fairing. There are a bunch of guys here that have used him so I'm sure you will get more feedback and it will be much the same. Contact him about color options as he usually has all matching parts as a set so he would need some lead time to have the pieces the colors you would like.

#4 ·
Yes, the dash is seperate. I think he does the headlight side trim also. You may want to go through his list closely for other ideas. I've toyed with the idea of two tone also, I think it's a good idea, go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
Painted inner fairing will set off the console of your bike, big fan! I also took it a step above and matched painted my lowers CVO speaker boxes that accentuate the whole mod..Next is painting my CVO speaker grills this winter...Good luck and post pixs soon!!!

Attachments

#6 ·
Paul is absolutely the best, I’ve known him for about 8 years and remember when he did this as a side job, met with him once in a parking lot in Daytona to do a job, lol. You can’t go wrong with the Fairing Exchange, color will be perfectly matched, and a good price.

Reactions: RGKen
#10 ·
I had them do my inner fairing the Saturday before Shark Week in Rapid City. They do all the items on the inner, fairing, top vent piece, the three gauge nacelle pieces and the glove box doors. Took about 1 1/2 hour total time. He uses Harley Paint so it is gonna be a good match. I suppose you could have him do it in any color.

The way it works is this. You call, email, web site contact, and set an appointment, choose your color, and pay a $100.00 deposit. He goes to a lot of bike shows and sometimes will hit customers along the way. He does a winter tour as well thru the midwest (brrr). You show up (or he comes to you) and bingo, your fairing is done. That is when you pay the balance.

#17 ·
You’re on the right track with painting you’re inner fairing I have a 2010 Scarlet Red Rd. glide custom my wife has a 2017 RGS Both have painted inners that are paint matched. Her bike was a 3 part paint job Laguna Orange.Fairing including speaker covers, top vent and tach speedo housing
CPV in Franksvile Wis did the paint really amazing job ask for Cindy wonderful person good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.