Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a tourpak for my 15 road glide and Im wondering if the tourpak comes w/ hinges and latch.....or is something that I need to buy it separate....kinda confused on that matter...Im already $1400 in the hole w/ all the other stuff I need for the installation like spoiler light, mount and etc...any help will be appreciated..thks.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Where did you buy it at ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Where did you buy it at ?

Didn't buy it yet...I'm looking at Boardtracker Harley Davidson, seems like they have the best prices...I got everything I think I will need in the cart..next step is putting the c/c info and hit send...ahah...I just want to make sure I don't need anything else...here's a screen shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
I believe the painted t paks come with the latches & hinges installed from the factory. At least this is what the parts manager at the local dealer told me 2 weeks ago.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Didn't buy it yet...I'm looking at Boardtracker Harley Davidson, seems like they have the best prices...I got everything I think I will need in the cart..next step is putting the c/c info and hit send...ahah...I just want to make sure I don't need anything else...here's a screen shot...

I call PCpain and order from him. He's a member here and a parts mgr at Horny Toad HD. He'll match, usually beat the others.

Reactions: dbell66253

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I call PCpain and order from him. He's a member here and a parts mgr at Horny Toad HD. He'll match, usually beat the others.

Tried to call him but his off until Tuesday.. thks for the info...

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
so send him an email with your parts list. it'll be worth it. you're gonna have to wait for the painted tourpack anyway, whats an extra couple of days? like they say in the military, don't rush to failure. I had to wait almost 3 months for the tourpack for my cvo. but, part of that was cause I ordered it from jon and when the first one came in, he inspected it, and rejected it due to flaws in the paint. he could of just checked it in when he got it and then sent it off to me. personally, i'm glad he didn't. and it is that kind of customer service that keeps me coming back to order from him. [email protected]

I've purchased 3 tourpacks in my cycling life. all 3 have come complete. the only thing I had to add was the lock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine came complete, except for the lock and the screws to attach it.

Reactions: dbell66253

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
+1 on that. Got mine from moco factory matched pain and latch and hinges can on it. Order lock separate.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
so send him an email with your parts list. it'll be worth it. you're gonna have to wait for the painted tourpack anyway, whats an extra couple of days? like they say in the military, don't rush to failure. I had to wait almost 3 months for the tourpack for my cvo. but, part of that was cause I ordered it from jon and when the first one came in, he inspected it, and rejected it due to flaws in the paint. he could of just checked it in when he got it and then sent it off to me. personally, i'm glad he didn't. and it is that kind of customer service that keeps me coming back to order from him. [email protected]

I've purchased 3 tourpacks in my cycling life. all 3 have come complete. the only thing I had to add was the lock.
Reading this makes me think I shouldn't have bugged him(Jon)twice in the last month to ask for an update on my bags. I hadn't considered that they weren't already painted. PC Pain has always given me the best price though. I've made several large purchases through his parts department.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Jon IS the best. I have bought thousands of dollars in parts from him and he has always been as cheap or cheaper than everyone else!! Send an email and wait for the reply. I'm waiting on a set of painted lowers from him and a couple of other things. Lead time on the lowers is/was 6 weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I just ordered mines, Does it come with a felt liner??? or is that a separate purchase?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Separate purchase. It comes with a rubber mat bottom
Ok, thanks for the info, time to place another order with the (HD Hundred Dollar Club)..:crying:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I bought and received a new Superior Blue chopped tourpack, rack, lock, backrest and liner from Boardtracker. It came complete with hinges and latch installed but you have to install the backrest (only 3 pre-drilled holes). Have to buy the lock separate keyed to your bike, and the liner has to be purchased separate. The lock does not come with the self tapping screws to install it they need to be purchased separately. Cost .40 cents each at Harley, part #10200062 and only come (1) to a pack. Takes (2) to install it. (Go figure?) or you can probably buy them from the local hardware store. Since I already spent a bunch already, I figured what the hell I'll spring for the .80 cents and I know they'll fit. Installation was as simple as it gets. I did replace the right hand swivel clamp on the rack with a locking one as they come off real easy with that detachable set up. Liner doesn't fit perfect against the walls in some places but some Velcro fixes that problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question about PCPain, because I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. Does it make sense for me, as a Texas resident, to ping him? Am I going to save more than 8.25% over Boardtracker? Because I'm going to have to pay sales tax...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Question about PCPain, because I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. Does it make sense for me, as a Texas resident, to ping him? Am I going to save more than 8.25% over Boardtracker? Because I'm going to have to pay sales tax...
Send him an email with part numbers letting him know your location regarding sales tax. Compare those prices to Boardtracker shipped?

I've found Jon to be able to beat everyone. not sure he can overcome 8.25% though?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Send him an email with part numbers letting him know your location regarding sales tax. Compare those prices to Boardtracker shipped?

I've found Jon to be able to beat everyone. not sure he can overcome 8.25% though?
Thanks! I just sent him the list. One thing that might be working in my favor is that I'm only a couple hours north of him. I might be able to drive down and save the shipping costs...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts