Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering for those of you who have purchased the chopped tourpak for your FLTRX. Did you go with a pinstripe? Or without?

Not sure what the options are on the other colors, but, for the Big Blue Pearl, there appears to be an option with a blue pinstrip on the lid, or no pinstripe on the lid (completely solid).

I'm kinda leaning towards the solid BBP but wondering how the pinstrip looks. Pics would be nice too if you have them.

Thanks!

E :cool:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
i got it without the striping. i believe the stripe is only in the area of the indentation on the lid. seemed like $30 i could save. i did go with the extra expense of buying the ultra 'harley davidson' badging for the rear though....

this pic is of the denim black one for my bike. the wife's is the big blue pearl.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got it without the striping. i believe the stripe is only in the area of the indentation on the lid. seemed like $30 i could save. i did go with the extra expense of buying the ultra 'harley davidson' badging for the rear though....
Did you get the badging on the BBP 'pak too? Was it just a stick on, add-on or did you have to order it with the tourpak?

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Skratch is that a cvo seat?
i had a cvo seat on my 2010. but where are you seeing my seat?

Did you get the badging on the BBP 'pak too? Was it just a stick on, add-on or did you have to order it with the tourpak?

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. Greatly appreciated
it was purchased separately. you are gonna want to order that from your favorite discounter as msrp is up close to $80 on that. i got mine from pcpain ([email protected]) for much less. and it just sticks on with 3m tape (already cut and affixed)

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
yeah, the cvo seat works pretty good for me. and it was fairly inexpensive to boot. though they are a little more expensive with the 2014 price increases. i used to like the corbin classic solos, but with the frame change in 09, the seats do not sit you down as low as they used to and with my short legs, that didn't work.

for long distance comfort, as with any seat, taking breaks is a must. i didn't find that i dreaded getting back on the bike, as i did with the danny grey speed cradle.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
TxOutlaw did you have to post the pick of the pak in my color! Now I want one, don't need it but....
once you use it a few times, you'll find that yes, you did need it....

now, go email pcpain for the best price and by the time spring rolls around, you'll be enjoying all that newfound storage space :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mines not an HD pack and behind the emblem indent is a fin or wing but this is what my painter sent me today.... Almost ready!!

Just a thought...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts