Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......Has anyone tried Biketronics Interface ( allowing you to use your handlebar controls ) with an aftermarket Headunit , just looking for feedback back , be it good or bad

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
I install a Sony Mex-M70BT head unit in my 15 RG , first I used the Metra kit could not get the hand controls to work talked with merta tech service and tried what they told me no luck , talked with a few audio guru's tried what they said no luck so I pulled that junk out and installed it in the trash . Then I got the Biketronics setup plugged it in and it worked great , it's been in for over a month now and no problems

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I install a Sony Mex-M70BT head unit in my 15 RG , first I used the Metra kit could not get the hand controls to work talked with merta tech service and tried what they told me no luck , talked with a few audio guru's tried what they said no luck so I pulled that junk out and installed it in the trash . Then I got the Biketronics setup plugged it in and it worked great , it's been in for over a month now and no problems

ok cool so did you do the work & im guessing you have the part # BT1014x from biketronics installed on your bike, im asking because i did a complete custom set up on my 15 RG & i just got my Part from biketronics to complete the job giving me my hand controls back

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i have the BT1014X from biketronics installed and i must add that i was informed before i made my purchase that this unit might not work with my headunit ( Power Acoustik PD-931NB ) and that i should use the Sony settings for my headunit But it didnt work on that setting but did work on another setting allowing me access to my handlebar controls once again with a little hiccup but i will contact the tech surpport with Biketronics and see if i can clear that up

But so far im a happy camper

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would be real interested to see how that fit in the 2015. I've been searching for something with a screen to get rid of the harley junk and that's a singe din in the back for when I mount an amp under it later.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I experienced the same problems with the Metro Crap.
Metro products seem to be good for cars, but suck for Harley!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 15 with double din and I bought metra kit first , got it to work but had to keep pulling it back off to update the drivers .... Got tired of that and it went into the trash . Bought biketronics handle bar controls . Easy install no dam drivers to down load ,simple plug and play . Less time working more beers ../

1 - 11 of 11 Posts