Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My question is will this build handle a Screamin’ Eagle Pro High-Flow 58mm EFI Throttle Body - Electronic Throttle - 27713-08 I am building a S&S 106 Kit S&S Super Stock Heads 79 cc 10.8:1 Compression S&S Easy Start Cams 551 Lifter Limited Travel Kit S&S Pushrods HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP 2 Into 1 Jackpot Headers Barnett Clutch ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX WAVE TUNE

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes .... Also I would port match the Se 58 mm also on the S&S heads I would get some one you trust to do some hand blending on those heads if they were stock S&S re worked.
And go to a little bit bigger injector like our 5.3 or HD pick 5.8 you will need the extra fuel on top end.
The one thing is I think your compression might be on the high side for 551 cam

You are more than welcome to call us Monday / Friday I will answer any questions .

My question is will this build handle a Screamin’ Eagle Pro High-Flow 58mm EFI Throttle Body - Electronic Throttle - 27713-08 I am building a S&S 106 Kit S&S Super Stock Heads 79 cc 10.8:1 Compression S&S Easy Start Cams 551 Lifter Limited Travel Kit S&S Pushrods HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP 2 Into 1 Jackpot Headers Barnett Clutch ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX WAVE TUNE

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you very much I watched a video on port matching from skunk2 nice things to know not rocket science lay man terms are your injector prices for 1 or 2

https://vimeo.com/13013463

The reason for the 551 cams was for the tq and i do like the easy start cams i could run the S&S 635HO CAM or 585 and get more hp but would no be as good tg and the 551 turns on at a low rpm and i doubt if i will be going more than 100 mph very many times

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
A set

Thank you very much I watched a video on port

matching from skunk2 nice things to know not rocket science lay man terms are your injector prices for 1 or 2

https://vimeo.com/13013463

The reason for the 551 cams was for the tq and i do like the easy start cams i could run the S&S 635HO CAM or 585 and get more hp but would no be as good tg and the 551 turns on at a low rpm and i doubt if i will be going more than 100 mph very many times

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dragos

you said
The one thing is I think your compression might be on the high side for 551 cam
I will not pretend to know as much as you when it comes to twin cams heahe I have researched the compression ratio for this build I have a s&s 583 cam and a 570 cam I want the bike to turn on at low rpms not at 3000 so what is your advice for the cam I am looking for and if I use a thicker head gasket will this lower the compression enough to use the 551 cam I would like to stay with the easy start cams if I can

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I have seen builds with 570 cams with kit and have worked well.
If you have your heart set on S&S cams I would use the 570 or 585
Injectors start at 150 a set

you said
I will not pretend to know as much as you when it comes to twin cams heahe I have researched the compression ratio for this build I have a s&s 583 cam and a 570 cam I want the bike to turn on at low rpms not at 3000 so what is your advice for the cam I am looking for and if I use a thicker head gasket will this lower the compression enough to use the 551 cam I would like to stay with the easy start cams if I can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.