Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14.5 on the bike now, I wondered where you guys are setting yours, height and angle. I have mine set almost all the way down and about 50 degrees, works great until I get on the highway. At highway speeds my wife is still getting beat up. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Jay

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
My setting is 58 - 60 degrees solo with top of shield between lip and nose around town. Higher speed just looking over the top without changing the tilt unless 2 up then 64 - 66 degrees interstate speed. Rain @ max at 70 degrees shield full up looking through. Maybe consider setting at 60 and go for a ride and raise your hand and you can feel the air stream. Raise up two degrees then ride and down two degrees. The higher the degree of tilt the higher the air stream will lift. You want to get it up over her helmet. Get the HD $30 wind defectors that mounts on your front engine guard under the gas tank. It deflects the air coming under the fairing and tank. I bought the GADS and Sancho deflectors too. Short $ for what they do and work. Radio at half volume and buffering gone. After all said and done its a sweet ride.
Cons.... not the prettiest girl :eek: (shield) after closing time!
but after a week it grows on you. The function well out weighs the looks.
Still waiting for Mark at Madstad to come out with the add-on motorize lift & tilt so we can make adjustments on the fly. No problem finding the sweet spot.... A small cager side mirror motor might have enough torque to lift the shield. Just saying....

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
My setting is 58 - 60 degrees solo with top of shield between lip and nose around town. Higher speed just looking over the top without changing the tilt unless 2 up then 64 - 66 degrees interstate speed. Rain @ max at 70 degrees shield full up looking through. Maybe consider setting at 60 and go for a ride and raise your hand and you can feel the air stream. Raise up two degrees then ride and down two degrees. The higher the degree of tilt the higher the air stream will lift. You want to get it up over her helmet. Get the HD $30 wind defectors that mounts on your front engine guard under the gas tank. It deflects the air coming under the fairing and tank. I bought the GADS and Sancho deflectors too. Short $ for what they do and work. Radio at half volume and buffering gone. After all said and done its a sweet ride.
Cons.... not the prettiest girl :eek: (shield) after closing time!
but after a week it grows on you. The function well out weighs the looks.
Still waiting for Mark at Madstad to come out with the add-on motorize lift & tilt so we can make adjustments on the fly. No problem finding the sweet spot.... A small cager side mirror motor might have enough torque to lift the shield. Just saying....
I agree, on the RG , the shield is not the total fix. You must add wind baffles, deflectors.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I actually set mine at a hair over 60 ~ maybe 62 ~ and all the way down with an 11".

·
Registered
287 Posts
As you can see, depending upon how you sit, your height etc everyone is a little different. I run mine all the way down and the bottom all the way out and that works well for me

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I have the HD deflectors bike came with them, I'll try a higher angle see how that works

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts