Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were you able to use your stock brake line? I have 2002 Road Glide and want to add 12" apes on it. I can tell that I can reuse current stock cable and wiring. But not sure with brake line.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I got Heritage style bars that are a 12" rise, all oem wires and brake line worked. The brake line is stretched to about its limit though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you SharkNose and Big_gary. Is there such a thing of extended the brake line if needed?

·
Registered
803 Posts
12" Wild One's Outlawz and stock clutch/brake lines, had to reroute clutch line but plenty long enough. I didn't need wire extensions per se, but used them anyways just because it made everything a little easier. You can buy a longer brake cable if that's what you're referring to, but no easy way to just extend the existing one without proper crimping tools/fittings (way cheaper to just buy new cable than go through that hassle).

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
12" Wild One's Outlawz and stock clutch/brake lines, had to reroute clutch line but plenty long enough. I didn't need wire extensions per se, but used them anyways just because it made everything a little easier. You can buy a longer brake cable if that's what you're referring to, but no easy way to just extend the existing one without proper crimping tools/fittings (way cheaper to just buy new cable than go through that hassle).
+1 ,if needed , just buy a longer brake hose.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have 10" Harley mini apes and needed a longer clutch cable, the stock cable was a tad too tight even when rerouted in a different way, so I went with a 2" longer cable and rand it the factory way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I'm just gonna get +2 kit, just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.