Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago traded in my '05 Heritage Softail for a 2012 Shark (my wife made me do it - really!) Love this ride! I've already dropped $6k on this and I'm not done yet. I've already spent many hours reading this forum about all the different handlbars you guys have installed on your bikes. At this point my head is spinning from all the info.
I do have a couple questions: I've pretty much narrowed it down to either a set of Paul Yaffe's 12" or a set of Outlawz 12" bars. It appears from all the reading I've done that I can reuse my stock length cables with either of these bars. Can anyone confirm this please?
My primary reason for new handlebars is actually not for looks - that is just a benefit. My reason for new bars is that I need my grips to be about 2 inches closed to me. I have my highway pegs and my backrest set exactly where I want them to be, but that puts the grips just out of comfortable reach. Again, can anyone who switched out their stock bars with either the Yaffe or Outlawz 12" bars confirm that the bars are now closer to the rider?
Finally, on the stock bars, can they be adjusted so that the grips are closer to me?
Thanks!

·
Registered
809 Posts
A couple months ago traded in my '05 Heritage Softail for a 2012 Shark (my wife made me do it - really!) Love this ride! I've already dropped $6k on this and I'm not done yet. I've already spent many hours reading this forum about all the different handlbars you guys have installed on your bikes. At this point my head is spinning from all the info.
I do have a couple questions: I've pretty much narrowed it down to either a set of Paul Yaffe's 12" or a set of Outlawz 12" bars. It appears from all the reading I've done that I can reuse my stock length cables with either of these bars. Can anyone confirm this please?
My primary reason for new handlebars is actually not for looks - that is just a benefit. My reason for new bars is that I need my grips to be about 2 inches closed to me. I have my highway pegs and my backrest set exactly where I want them to be, but that puts the grips just out of comfortable reach. Again, can anyone who switched out their stock bars with either the Yaffe or Outlawz 12" bars confirm that the bars are now closer to the rider?
Finally, on the stock bars, can they be adjusted so that the grips are closer to me?
Thanks!
You can roll the stockers back some, the only problem ,if you pull them back very much is your wrist will be in a funky position.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
It doesn't sound like money is an issue but you might try a set of 'heritage bars' to see if they may fit your needs. Cheaper and easy to install. If that doesn't work out then you will only be out about $80 extra. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup. Up and back. Look back through my posts. I put a lot of pics up when I swapped out for heritage bars on my 11 rgu.

I admit I'm thinking I want a wee bit more now though. But I have a good 35 k on heritage bars on both my '11 and '12. Took the pain between shoulder blades and neck away

1 - 7 of 7 Posts