Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting to look for speakers and I'm not sure what is the maximum mounted depth I can go to for the upper and lower speakers. For the lowers, I don't want to cut into the glove boxes.

I have 2 RF 300X4 and a JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT waiting for speakers.

I'm looking at focal 6.5" components (upper & replace 2 gauges) and CDT 6.5" woofers on the inside/lower.

So far I've seen speakers with a mounting depth of 1.9" to right at 3"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I used the same RF speakers Yaffe uses in their house party system, I also did the cut with the inner fairing still mounted to the bike. I guess you could go to the RF sight to get the dimensions. BTW have you thought about either mounting the tweeters or buying a grill with tweeters instead of getting rid of guages?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sound great those tweeters are actually the mates for my lowers speakers. The really come alive at high volume at high speeds

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
As for your tweeters, you can find a 1"-2" set & mount (drill hole) it in the corners of the stock inner fairing speaker housing. That's what I did. You might have to enlarge the pic to see the extra tweeter on the right side.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1355840664.070547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As for your tweeters, you can find a 1"-2" set & mount (drill hole) it in the corners of the stock inner fairing speaker housing. That's what I did. You might have to enlarge the pic to see the extra tweeter on the right side.

View attachment 17755

That right there is the way I will go ... no loss of gauge or another visible hole in the fairing. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts

View attachment 17755

That's pretty neat Q, I just bought another inner fairing that I have to cut the big(6.5) holes in, I may do that also, thanks for the idea. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts