Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we laid the bike down at sharkweek this year and now it is time for repairs. How easy or hard is it to replace the inner fairing on the 12 road glide? I would prefer to do it myself rather than the dealer. Any help would be great.

Steve

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Not hard, cover fender pull up a office chair put all gauges speakers .... laid out in a box, there's a jungle of wires in there, it's a matter getting them as assembled but reversed, feed back the main ones your figure that, align the four nuts, taking pic never helped me

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
The inner fairing is a easy DIY.
Take pictures of the wiring so you can put the wiring back in the way it came out. All the major wiring harness plugs are male/female specific and only one male plug will work with the correct female plug.
You need to label all the gauge wires because all the gauge plugs are typical, it doesn't hurt to label the speaker wires either.
Other than that everything is pretty straight forward, remove and install the speakers and gauges while the inner is mounted on the bike it is the easiest way to do that work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Now I have to wait for the insurance adjuster to call.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Pictures are key. It will make life a lil easier when it's time to reinstall it. It's really not hard but there alot of stuff in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.