Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing my 10k service soon and I am changing the head pipes at the same time. My question is can I pre install the clutch cable plus 6" before doing the bars? Since I have to drain the the tranny anyway, I would like to do everything at once and save some time and cash. I have stock everything and I am going with 14" malo buky bars. Thanks

Also, I might go ahead install the longer ABS brake line while I'm at it. then all I have to do is just the bars.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any advice? Im coming up to my 10k soon. Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
6" cables

Yes you can install the new cables but I am not too sure you'll be able to install them on the shorter bars. You will have a lot of extra cable and even if they can be connected can you ride it?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you can install the new cables but I am not too sure you'll be able to install them on the shorter bars. You will have a lot of extra cable and even if they can be connected can you ride it?
Good question. Thats why Im asking my forum friends

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you could creatively route the +6 cable until you put on your new bars.
I like your choice of wording. I guess I would have to get creative to hide that much cable..LOL

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did the exact same thing you are asking about. Although I installed a +4" clutch cable while I had everything apart for the new headers. Not a problem at all. Still haven't installed the new bars but I just let the cable lay natural from the handlebars down through the fairing. I don't think a +6" cable would be anymore difficult to reroute while waiting for the new bars...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the exact same thing you are asking about. Although I installed a +4" clutch cable while I had everything apart for the new headers. Not a problem at all. Still haven't installed the new bars but I just let the cable lay natural from the handlebars down through the fairing. I don't think a +6" cable would be anymore difficult to reroute while waiting for the new bars...
Does the extra cable rub against anything that will cause damage. I know plus 6 might look funny on the bike, but as you know trying to do everything at once is very costly. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts