Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a couple items locally on Craigslist that I've taken off since my winter customizing. I haven't had any bites on stock stuff. Is it worth the effort to list it other places? Has anyone had any decent luck unloading any of the following stock items?

All from my 2009 FLTR;

Stock Chrome Dashboard
Stock Chrome horn cover
Stock air cleaner& air box
Stock header pipes with chrome heat shields

If there is any market for this stuff, what are some fair prices?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Stock take-offs usually don't get much money. People looking for them are looking for a steal. Maybe for a wreck rebuild. Look on ebay and the forum to get pricing ideas. Not just asking price. What they actually do finally sell for.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the only price I'm worried about, final sale price. I'd rather unload cheap than keep it around collecting dust or tossing it for absolutely no gain.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I typically do not list on craigslist. I stick with the forum or e-bay. As suggested, I watch e-bay for a bit to see what averages are, then I typically ask a tad less to move easier.
I also use "Would I buy at this price" as a filter.....
Sending you a PM about your dash console......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lots of people look for stock take offs to replace the stuff on a bike their are trying to sell. Unfortunately, there's always a ton of stock take offs available. You might not get much money from them, but someone will buy them. Forums or eBay are your best bet, IMO.

I sold my stock exhaust for $80 to a guy who was a sculptor. Somewhere my pipes are part of a welded robot art piece somewhere. :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
They certainly have to be priced right.

On my previous bike, I was actually willing to give my stock mufflers to someone if they needed them. I said best offer and would have taken anything for them. Dude offered me $100 and was local. Nearly choked on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts