Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a solo ride from Clayton, NC to the Adirondacks of NY State. I am trying to avoid 95N and have mapped out a route to I 81 in Pa by taking Rt 15N out of Oxford NC. 15N seems to meander north all the way up to Pa, but not sure about that particular road. Has anyone been on Rt 15N on this stretch and can give me an idea on what to expect, speeds, two lane or four lane, and views. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've been on 15N from Fredericksburg VA to Harrisburg PA a lot. Most of it is two lane and the speed varies from 35-50 depending on location. There are some red lights but you can still travel at a pretty good pace depending on time of day. It does get some truck traffic which will slow ya down through the two lane portions. It is a hell of a lot better than 95. I stay off 95 as much as possible but have to travel it daily for work and it sucks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
It's a good route thru Northern, VA & MD. At the VA/MD line it's 2-lane 55mph. When you get to Frederick, MD it turns into 4-lane divided all the way to Harrisburg, PA. It is a nice road north of Harrisburg also.

Items to look out for. Weekday afternoon traffic in Leesburg, VA & Frederick, MD can really suck especially Leesburg. Keep an eye on the signs in Leesburg & Frederick as there are exits you need to take to stay on 15.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts