Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input here, I have been adjusting my audio setup over the past year. I started with the RF PBR 4x400 amp with 4 Polk Audio DXI651. That setup was ok, but the amp didn't make it very long. So, I am now running the Soundstream ST4.1000D with the Polk speakers. I am not really happy with the performance at this point so I am now considering swapping the Polk for the Infinity Kappa speakers based on reviews I have read here.

My question is this, what is the major difference between the 62.9i and the 62.11i. The specs seem to be very similar except that the 62.11i are smaller in depth.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
The 62.9i are the older model speakers. They also got the seperated cross over.
The 62.11i replaced the 62.9i

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Inferno,

I've got a set of 62.11i Kappas, that I just pulled out of my fairing. Nothing at all wrong with them. I just went to 4 ohm setup, running 4 Hertz speakers.

If you want to try the Kappas, I'll let these go cheap. No grills or anything comes with them, just the speakers. I'd ship them to you for $50 if you're interested.

Let me know. -Jay

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Just like a shark....small blood in the water (AKA a smoking hot deal) and WHAM!!!!! Strike!! LOL!!!!::eek:

You better get to jumping Jeff !! LOL!!!!:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Inferno,

I've got a set of 62.11i Kappas, that I just pulled out of my fairing. Nothing at all wrong with them. I just went to 4 ohm setup, running 4 Hertz speakers.

If you want to try the Kappas, I'll let these go cheap. No grills or anything comes with them, just the speakers. I'd ship them to you for $50 if you're interested.

Let me know. -Jay
Which Hertz are you using and how do you like them?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Which Hertz are you using and how do you like them?
I'm running 4 HCX 165 6.5", backed up by 2 Hawg Wired RS400s. So far, they're amazing, but I only installed them a cold month or so ago. I don't have much road experience with them yet, but I'm very optimistic.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
WOW, I just checked the price of those Hertz.

Yeah I think I'll be looking for something a little cheaper!!!
Yep, Hertz are not cheap that's for certain. The Kappas are a really good alternative at around $105 a pair, if your amp setup can handle 2ohm speakers.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Shop around when looking for Hertz, the price varies, also might want to look at entry level Focal (AC) they're 4 ohm.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm running a set of Biketronics 7.1's. They run about $250, but have a lifetime warranty and are 4 ohm. Great speakers and I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been looking for the Hertz HCX 165's online and not coming up with anything, seem to find a bunch for the ECX 165, is there a difference that you know of?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have been looking for the Hertz HCX 165's online and not coming up with anything, seem to find a bunch for the ECX 165, is there a difference that you know of?
I don't know much about the ECXs, other than they seem to be a lower level speaker than the HCXs, if the price is any indication.

It is strange that the HCXs are not to be found on Amazon anymore. They were there just a month or so ago when I was researching them. I ended up getting mine from Kip at Scrub Cycles in TX. He's a good guy and has the best prices that I could find on them. You can find him over on ChoppedBaggers.com, or on Facebook.

-Jay

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Ecx is one step down from the HCX at about 1/2 to 2/3 the price. I'm actually considering a set of the seperates for my car but for the bike go HCX and like Jay said use Kip Schneider at Scrub Cycles

1 - 20 of 35 Posts