Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Geico. I've been thinking about switching since they don't have total loss replacement. Progressive seems to have it, but they are A LOT pricier. Does any other insurance company offer this?

Also, in case of a total loss, does the insurance company issue you a check for a brand new one or.......

Has anyone here had a total loss?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reason I ask is because a buddy's bike was stolen and never recovered. Geico paid nowhere near what he owed on his bike. My bike is just about paid in full, but wouldn't want to come up short if this ever happened to me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If insurance has to pay and you don't have total replacement coverage they will only pay you what the bike is worth at the time and they will reference the various book values. Whatever you may owe is not relevant to what they will pay.

I also have Geico and called Progrssive to see about the full replacement coverage as well. Progressive told me I could only get the full replacement coverage for 2 years. And they wanted OVER $1,800 for a year even without the small additional charge for full replacement coveraqge. I stuck with Geico cause it cost me $570 for a year. And when I changed to Geico in 2009 Geico was less than half what State Farm charged me. I also checked with Dairyland after I dropped State Farm and they were in the ballpark but just a little higher than Geico--didn't know about or check into full replacement coverage at that time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use farmers ins and have total replacement , I'm pretty sure my agent goes through another company they are affiliated with but I still pay him and I believe it's like 70 $ a month and I have a 2013 , call a local agent and ask about it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have Progressive with total cost replacement but when I spoke with the agent about it it is only for the 1st 2 years you own a new bike. It is a little pricey but I'll pay abit more for piece of mind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use farmers ins and have total replacement , I'm pretty sure my agent goes through another company they are affiliated with but I still pay him and I believe it's like 70 $ a month and I have a 2013 , call a local agent and ask about it

I'm going to go ahead and give them a call. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have Progressive with total cost replacement but when I spoke with the agent about it it is only for the 1st 2 years you own a new bike. It is a little pricey but I'll pay abit more for piece of mind.
I'll agree with that. No price to having peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Check with Markel Insurance

http://markelinsuresfun.com/products/motorcycle

I have replacement coverage with them on my 2011 and I pay $415 a year. Of course, how much you pay depends on you and your area but they were $200 cheaper than Farmers with less coverage overall and WITHOUT replacement coverage. Another cool thing about them is that each year you're with them w/o filing a claim, they drop your deductibles $25.

Haven't had to file a claim yet so I can't speak about that but reports I've read from those that have were favorable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts