Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Custom Dynamics turn signal lights and I was wondering if I can still use my HD run/turn/stop module for the rear or do I need to use the Custom Dynamics control module.
Also if I just change out the front turn signals to the Dynamic Ringz and keep the stock lights in the back do I need the load equalizer.
My bike is a 08 and from what I understand there may be a need for a load equalizer but if I keep stock bulbs in the rear and put LEDs in the front turn signals there will be enough load on the system for the turn signal to flash correctly.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I am looking at the Custom Dynamics turn signal lights and I was wondering if I can still use my HD run/turn/stop module for the rear or do I need to use the Custom Dynamics control module.

Also if I just change out the front turn signals to the Dynamic Ringz and keep the stock lights in the back do I need the load equalizer.

My bike is a 08 and from what I understand there may be a need for a load equalizer but if I keep stock bulbs in the rear and put LEDs in the front turn signals there will be enough load on the system for the turn signal to flash correctly.

Yes. The CD lights will work just fine with the HD run/turn/brake module.

On the question of whether they will flash correctly or not, it's dependent upon the bike whether or not a load eq is necessary. Install the lights, if they blink fine, good. Most often though, even with just fronts or rears, you will eventually need a load Eq.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
2,339 Posts
They told me on the Roadglides we didn't need a load equalizer. If you have a center tail light with turn signals, you may need it though.

Road Glides 2013 and down do need the EQ. 2015's don't.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The simple answer is to pose these questions to Custom Dynamics. They will give you the answers.
The simple answer is Custom dynamics is just like any other company that is business to make a profit and they will tell you what ever to sell their product.
CD tells me that the HD turn/brake module will not work with their lights and that a load equalizer is needed no matter what.
I my past experiences if I install LEDs in the front and keep OEM bulbs in the back or vise versa I don't need a load equalizer because the OEM bulbs provide the load needed to make everything run right.
I understand that if I use LEDs in the front and back that I would need a load equalizer to make the turn signals flash at the right speed but why wouldn't the HD run/turn/brake module work if I put LEDs in the front and back with a load equalizer.
I was talking to a lady and the hesitation time it took to answer my questions made me think that she didn't know a lot about electronics or the product.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,005 Posts
Mark, if you put the LED's in the front and back you will need a load equalizer so that they flash at the proper speed.
If you just put them in the front no need for a load equalizer.
As far as the Harley turn/brake module should work just fine with any load equalizer for LED Turn Signals.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I, and a few other friends have added Custom Dynamic's LED's. Some direct, others like me thru their chosen Vendor, Ken, who travels to some of the rally's.

To us, we believe they respect the power of the "forums", and do not over sell you. I could be wrong. To me, if one is to condemn someone, it shouldn't be in a generalized comment.

I added the front driving ring/turn yellow signal LED's with clear covers. Rear R/B/T with smoke and the Tri-Bar LED in smoke R/B.

Tri-Bar is ok, others are out F'n standing !

I say ok, as I still want more running lights to rear. Brake and turn is great. Still on the search. Please post advice, as I too believe in the power of the Forums !

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark, if you put the LED's in the front and back you will need a load equalizer so that they flash at the proper speed.
As far as the Harley turn/brake module should work just fine with any load equalizer for LED Turn Signals.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.
That is what I am thinking Mike and that is why I am asking forum members if they are using the HD run/brake /turn module with the CD lights even if they are using a load equalizer.
I'm not questioning the product, quality or the customer service that CD provides but when asking a question to the salesperson (it doesn't matter if it is a female or a male) and that salesperson hesitates for 15 to 30 seconds to answer the question it kind of makes me wonder if that salesperson knows anything about the product they are selling.
The lady answering my questions is telling me that no matter what I need a load equalizer even if I am running the stock bulbs in the rear and even though I keep the stock bulbs in the rear that I need a CD run/turn/brake module because the HD module won't work with CD or OEM bulbs in the rear because I have CD LEDs in the front turn signals.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,005 Posts
Mark I put the CD lights in the front and back of my buddies RGC and just added the CD Load Equalizer and they worked just fine.
The CD lights are very bright and he was very happy with them.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have the CDs front and rear, CD load equalizer and run turn brake module from Harley all works seamlessly I spoke to custom dynamics before I put all this in and you have to put the run turn brake module before the load equalizer. I also had a problem with their older load equalizer causing interference on my CB radio they changed it out no questions asked great company to deal with

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the CDs front and rear, CD load equalizer and run turn brake module from Harley all works seamlessly I spoke to custom dynamics before I put all this in and you have to put the run turn brake module before the load equalizer. I also had a problem with their older load equalizer causing interference on my CB radio they changed it out no questions asked great company to deal with
So what you're saying is that I can use the HD run/turn/brake module with no issues as long as it is if front of the load equalizer. What lights did you use on the rear, the LED cluster lights the Bullet Ring lights or the Dynamic Clusters??

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Hope this helps.
Mike U.
I just installed these LED's front and back on my 2015 RGS and did not need a load equalizer . You simply unplug the factory bulbs and replace withe the new LED's then run the bike for 5 minutes with your hazard switch and they automatically set themselves. A very easy install and man do they work great. The flashing rate is the same as the factory setup with the equalizer .
Swomack

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I just installed these LED's front and back on my 2015 RGS and did not need a load equalizer . You simply unplug the factory bulbs and replace withe the new LED's then run the bike for 5 minutes with your hazard switch and they automatically set themselves. A very easy install and man do they work great. The flashing rate is the same as the factory setup with the equalizer .
Swomack
Never seen that work on a older bike. You have to have the load stabilizer or equalizer whichever you want to call it today. Maybe the the 2015 has something special about it.

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
the 2014's and 15s are running canbus and do not need a load equalizer. for those of us who are running older bikes, a load equalizer is needed if you do leds both front and rear.

mark, my wife's bike is set up almost exactly the way that you are asking. she has the led clusters in the front turn signal (not the ringz, but, they were a gift, who's complaining), the regular incandescents in the rear, and the hd run/turn/brake module. no load equalizer needed.

her bike is a 2012.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.