Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me give some back ground. Today I went for a ride. Usually the wife is with me on her bike and I’m paying attention to her. Today I was solo. I have a USB HUB in the right glovebox, 7th gen iPod Nano, 32GB memory stick with 30gb of mp3s, a 16gb with 12gb of mp3s, and 2gb stick that is used to load GPX files and updates. a second iPod (50gb) is attached to OEM charging cord, sae adapter, in foam coozie in left saddlebag, and is connected via Bluetooth. My phone is usually on me or in a foam coozie in the tourpack, it is also sync‘d via Bluetooth. I agreed to call the wife when I decided to head home for dinner.
I was unable to make outbound calls because the GTS thinks that both Bluetooth devices are iPhones. In the past I’ve set the iPhone to be connected for phone and music. Today I presumed the system saved my selection. I pulled over, and called direct using the phone. Back on the bike, I decided to recheck my settings. The iPod in the left bag continued to be the selected unit for music and calls unless I deleted the device. Is it normal for a non telephonic device to be recognized as default? Requiring the iPhone to be added, or at least selected, each time you ride? I believe that Apple CarPlay is active, yet my iPhone is too big to fit, in the right glove box, so I can’t use car play.

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
I tried a USB hub in my 2019 with the Appleplay. Had both the phone and a USB stick plugged in. 16gb max on the stick. It didn't matter which slot I put the phone or stick into, it always recognized the stick 1st. I gave up trying to make it be selective. I don't think it can be. The other thing I heard is that you may need a "powered" hub. I don't know if you can get a battery powered USB hub or not. That's the extent of my audio technology.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think by "powered" means the hub has to have power applied to it. If so, lots of hubs use the transformer to plug into the wall outlet. Lots of them have a DC voltage rating that are very flexible. Like 9 - 30vdc. You could lop of the transformer and use the end.

A hub just copies what it sees connected to it and splits the bandwidth. Try a small switch instead. Might work and full bandwidth.

My $ 0.02 of course....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts