Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using one of these? seems pricey but best of all worlds... Here is some info on it...

The Fi2000 PowrPro fuel-injection tuner uses the latest smart chip technology to continuously read the bike's EFI delivery at up to 80 times per second every time the throttle is opened to optimize the air/fuel mixture at all throttle settings. With its Continuously Variable Tuning (CVT) (patent pending) technology, the PowrPro will revolutionize motorcycle fuel-injection tuning.
With PowrPro you can say good-bye to old-school EFI "mapping mania" and O2 sensor hassles forever. When your bike accelerates, PowrPro reads the engine's performance up to 80 times per second to optimize fuel delivery at all throttle openings under acceleration, under every kind of load and under all existing environmental conditions to deliver maximum acceleration.

And no matter which components you change in the future, whether it's a new exhaust system, a freer-flowing air filter setup or even a big-bore hop-up kit with new camshafts, PowrPro continues to analyze and tune your engine for peak performance

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i dont have the power pro, i just have the FI2000, and its works fantastic ,no maps or downloads adjusts with a turn of a minscrewdriver,this unit is good up to about cams,after big bore kits then u need the power pro,but if its just air filter,free flowing exhaust and cams i would just buy the standard FI2000, hope this helps.:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the power pro tuner and I love it. So far after I put the pipes, stage II big sucker, and the tuner..what a difference. I haven't done cams yet, but that's next. It is incredibly easy to install. Two plugs where the O2 sensors were, and two that plug into the injectors. That's it, except for the power and ground. I also have the Cobra Power Port headers (no more cat) with Freedom performance pipes. Nice gravely sound but loud as hell when you get on it. The tuner is a little pricey, but in my opinion, it's all relative anyway. If you like it as much as I do, then it's worth every dime. The best part is that I'll never have to map again, regardless of the changes I make. I will say this. I have only had it on the bike for about 9 months, (over 20K in those nine mos.) but those nine months have me sold on it for sure. One of my Brothers bought one and he likes his too. He now uses his power commander as a paper weight...lol:rolleyes: Let us know what you go with...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Use the search and do your research. It seems like a pretty good unit as far as fuel only tuners go. But realize that it only adds or removes fuel as it determines is needed. It makes not adjustments to other tuning parameters like timing ect.

IMO for that kind of $ there are a lot of more complete and easy to use tuners it there tts,power vision ect

·
Registered
287 Posts
My experience with the Fi2000 was not so good. My first one caused DTCs and poor fuel mileage. The best I could get was about 32 mpg highway. Cobra did replace the unit once, got rid of the DTCs but mileage still poor. I cut my loses and got a PV. I have been very happy with it. Mileage now up to mid 40s consistently on highway and upper 30s/lower 40s combined. I don't know if others have had similar experiences or not but I thought that I would share mine

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have a cobra power pro on my 2012 RGC with the cat removed,rush slip-ons and a screaming eagle air cleaner, have had zero problems with the unit so far,i talked to the cobra rep at the Cinnci dealers show he said that when you get over 575 lift cams the tuner does have its limits, i have got a set of woods 222 cams yet to put in,will post how the tuner works with the cams

·
Registered
109 Posts
@ XARAN, That windshield looks great on your bike. How well does it work for you? I know, not on topic, but I had to ask?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use the search and do your research. It seems like a pretty good unit as far as fuel only tuners go. But realize that it only adds or removes fuel as it determines is needed. It makes not adjustments to other tuning parameters like timing ect.

IMO for that kind of $ there are a lot of more complete and easy to use tuners it there tts,power vision ect
what are other good ones???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It all depends are what your future mods are and how much u want to spend,most people end up with a tuner that they really didnt need,so decide are what u future plans are if cams,or a big bore kit is in the works,then decide good luck.:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
I only want to add head pipe and exhaust. What are good recommendations?
I have the Cobra and have no issues with it. Mileage did drop but it's still better than my cars ;-) I would reccommend this tuner to anyone that is not trying to max out HP/Torque. If your just looking for some more giddy and go with a basic stage 1 this is a good easy to install tuner. It is a plug-play tuner.

If your only doing exhaust you don't need a tuner. If your changing to a large air intake and exhaust then look at tuners.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Me too i have the cobra FI2000 have no issues with it easy to install great bang for the buck if all your gonna do is an exhaust and maybe an air cleaner,it even works with a cam swap can be manually adjusted, Dont overkill if you dont need it.:eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have not used the newest Power Pro model. I have the Fi2000R of five of my bikes. The oldest has been in use since mid 06 when I put it on a new 07 FXSTC. The 10 Ultra and 10 Super Glide have them. Both the 12 RGC and RGC CVO have them.

They all have worked faultlessly since installed. The engines run much cooler and stronger. The mpg has improved on each bike. The 12 RGC is at 51 to 52 mpg and the 12 CVO is at 50.

My son got a 12 Ultra Classic the same day I picked up the RGC. Last fall when he was visiting he complained that the 103 did not perform like he expected coming up from a TC88. I told him to take the RGC out and check how it performed. His Ultra is box stock. When he came back he said my 103 was much stronger than his. My mods were only the Cobra and stage I air breather. Stock mufflers (helps with more torque).

The Ultra, Super Glide and FXSTC all get 50 also.

They are s super easy install and again I simply plugged them in and forgot about them.

I am getting 2 more one for the 12Vrod and 11 XL1200L. When I first got them Cobra did not list a model for them and now they do. Going to J&P's open house rally tomorrow and get 10% off.

As I understand it the Power Pro only operates during acceleration. I want the other models for the AFR across the board not just accelerating.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the FI2000R also and think it is great. 103 motor that will most likely never any cam upgrades or any other engine work. I road my 88 motor for 9 years and didn't upgrade that either. Only pipes, mufflers and air cleaner as I like to tour. I get in the 40's most rides but even rode to Key West and got 50 mpg on that ride. Top speed only about 50 on US-1 in the Keys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PCV. Stock fltrx against fltru full stage one ran side by side my buddy loved his power pro until we lined them up. I debated for several months over all the programmers untill speaking with a local dyno tuner. I may not have it tuned at this point because there was a exact match.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
So I got the cobra installed and no problems but I did lose fuel mileage and I don't feel any more power but I can reach down and touch the front cylinder going down the highway but that back one is a hot mofo and that's with decatted pipe stage 1 and CFRs but no problems I just wish I could cool down the rear cylinder

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally broke down

So after tons of research I finally broke down and purchased the Powerpro. But the reason I did was why I'm sharing this info. So today I called Fuel Moto (don't remember who I spoke to) and asked tons of questions. Mainly about Power Vision and Powerpro. One question to him was does this fuel management work. To my surprise he said "Yes", but not in all situations. So I asked situations like what. He said " like cams, head work etc... He told me if all I plan on doing is upgrading airflow in and out (air cleaner and exhaust) it will work just fine.

He started explaining more of how the different tuners work, getting all technical on me. Lol. But still said that it will work just fine. He did also mention that you could get better gains and more features from the PV and can do as many upgrades as u want.

I was expecting FM to bash the product since they don't sell it but I can say that I really appreciate their honesty. With all that being said, I took a chance and ordered the Powerpro for my bike. I got a REALLY good deal from twocycleguys.com. $390 shipped!!!

I'm in Colorado Springs and in the dead of winter so there will be no riding for me for some time, but I will post my results as soon as I install and ride.

PS, since I haven't ride the bike for a while and won't be able to for a while longer I'm going to ride the bike stock for a week or 2 before installing my freedom standard duals, 4" rineharts, screamin eagle heavy breather and powerpro so I can really see and feel a change.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So after tons of research I finally broke down and purchased the Powerpro. But the reason I did was why I'm sharing this info. So today I called Fuel Moto (don't remember who I spoke to) and asked tons of questions. Mainly about Power Vision and Powerpro. One question to him was does this fuel management work. To my surprise he said "Yes", but not in all situations. So I asked situations like what. He said " like cams, head work etc... He told me if all I plan on doing is upgrading airflow in and out (air cleaner and exhaust) it will work just fine.

He started explaining more of how the different tuners work, getting all technical on me. Lol. But still said that it will work just fine. He did also mention that you could get better gains and more features from the PV and can do as many upgrades as u want.

I was expecting FM to bash the product since they don't sell it but I can say that I really appreciate their honesty. With all that being said, I took a chance and ordered the Powerpro for my bike. I got a REALLY good deal from twocycleguys.com. $390 shipped!!!

I'm in Colorado Springs and in the dead of winter so there will be no riding for me for some time, but I will post my results as soon as I install and ride.

PS, since I haven't ride the bike for a while and won't be able to for a while longer I'm going to ride the bike stock for a week or 2 before installing my freedom standard duals, 4" rineharts, screamin eagle heavy breather and powerpro so I can really see and feel a change.
you can do some cams and other mods.call cobra if you need details.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts