Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well being new to the Hd world I have been doing a lot of reading in preparation for my first Harley. It is a 2011 RGU that I am having lowered 1" front and rear. I will be sending a seat off somewhere to be modded to help account for my short legs. I am either going to get a used seat to use while the stock seat is sent off or send the used seat off to be altered. I have a 28" inseam and have looked at the reach seats...not the most comfortable. I have seen some "low" seats on ebay for the newer Rushmore bikes that they say will fit but when I plug the numbers into the Harley site my year does not show. I have seen a reference that the 08-16 touring models will all interchange with some minor cosmetic differences in visual lines...with that being said, I am thinking I can get a "low" seat for one of the newer touring models and just have it reworked to be more comfortable without major surgery for less money since there are a number out there these days...

I wish there was a cross reference chart with seat numbers and bikes they will fit on with notes on fitment.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
starting in 2010, hd standardized the dashes on the touring bikes. in the old days, some dashes were short, and the seat had a long nose to fill the difference, and vice versa. now, a touring seat is a touring seat.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Any 08 and later touring model seat will fit your bike, I think some of the earlier Road King seats may not work because of the dash difference. I would start off by going to a HD dealer that has the seat demo program and try out a few seats first. I have a 30 inch inseam and I use a HD leather low profile bucket seat HD pn 52095-08A and it is perfect for me. Before you send the seat out try going to a local upholstery shop, the local shop may do a great job and take less time.

Reactions: rideon
1 - 3 of 3 Posts