Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't anyone tell me for sure that a 2014 tour pak mount will attach to a four point dock on a 2013? I can understand having to drill new holes in the pak but the stealer is telling me it will not physically mount to my bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. That's my problem is I've heard that older fits the new docking but not the other way around. Want to get my pak back on but the cheap mount I bought rattled loose and Harley doesn't sell an old black one. Can you tell me what's different about the new docking? Can anyone confirm the new mount to old docking?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you. Wonder why stealers are misleading customers about the 14-15 mount costs more, you'd think they'd want to sell you the more expensive one.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Yes it will no problem. I have the 2014 style TP on my 2012. The only thing MOCO changed was the docking kit that actually bolts onto the bike. All previous accessories back to '09 will still fit the newer bikes.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Ok so the fender struts have been changed so the actual docking hardware that bolts to the bike is different. The bracket that bolts to the new style Tour Packs are a little different because the tour packs are different and have a different hole pattern. I have heard of guys that drilled new holes in the '13 & older style bracket to get a '14 & up TP to bolt onto it. So there are two parts to the equation of a TP mount. The bolt hole pattern for the TP to mount to the bracket. That has changed. The 2nd is the part that actually matches up to the docking kit on the bike. That has not changed. Hope this is clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts