Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I want to replace the head unit with another,
is an install kit from something like HawgWired or Biketronics required? I know I'll want the hand-controls-wiring-harness. But would I always need a tray and trim to make it work?

I guess I'm having a hard time swallowing the extra $100 for a plastic bezel and metal tray.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If I want to replace the head unit with another,
is an install kit from something like HawgWired or Biketronics required? I know I'll want the hand-controls-wiring-harness. But would I always need a tray and trim to make it work?

I guess I'm having a hard time swallowing the extra $100 for a plastic bezel and metal tray.
Yes you have to buy a cradle for the radio, and a module for the hand controls to work.....

I bought the hawg wired install kit HUA-470. I paid 220$ but the hand control module is pretty much plug and play... you have to set a couple dip switches but it's super easy.... The cradle for the radio is very good quality and holds the radio super firm...... I'd recommend it....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you have to buy a cradle for the radio, and a module for the hand controls to work.....

I bought the hawg wired install kit HUA-470. I paid 220$ but the hand control module is pretty much plug and play... you have to set a couple dip switches but it's super easy.... The cradle for the radio is very good quality and holds the radio super firm...... I'd recommend it....
Thanks. Now I know I need to at $250 to whatever headunit I get. Damn you forum! Stop enticing me to part with my money. :p

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
If you're on a tight budget, a lot of people go with the Scosche install kit, it's less than $100, (usually around $80). I prefer the Hawgwired, but I thought I'd inform you about another option.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you're on a tight budget, a lot of people go with the Scosche install kit, it's less than $100, (usually around $80). I prefer the Hawgwired, but I thought I'd inform you about another option.

Sent from my SPH-L710
I looked at this route also, If I remember correctly, according to the instructions for the PAC controller it requires you to cut one of the wires to allow it to distinguish between the left and right hand controls... i think it was a ground wire..

I just didn't want to hack up the harness on a 5 month old bike, So I spent an extra 120$ and so far I'm happy.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts