Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I get the faring off to mount this guy, I'm assuming there's no connector that looks like the 'hi-input' 5-pin block on this amp.

How is the HK unit going to connect here?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just installed the 4.5,the high input wire would have been in the packaging with the amp,basically you hook right and left channel and a ground to the 5 hi input,if you cant find it I would call a stereo shop and see if there all the same size,you might be able to source it locally

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed the 4.5,the high input wire would have been in the packaging with the amp,basically you hook right and left channel and a ground to the 5 hi input,if you cant find it I would call a stereo shop and see if there all the same size,you might be able to source it locally
damn. thanks. I'll double-check the box.

·
Registered
290 Posts
venoms link is correct except that the center one is grounded,that what my soundstream booklet says.the guys at sidecar cycles told to to always use the high input if u have one,better quality then thru the rcas,im no pro just passing on what I was told

·
Registered
672 Posts
venoms link is correct except that the center one is grounded,that what my soundstream booklet says.the guys at sidecar cycles told to to always use the high input if u have one,better quality then thru the rcas,im no pro just passing on what I was told
Maybe not having that grounded is why Im getting a turn on/off pop

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that little 5-pin pigtail was in the box stuck under a flap.

damn this snow, I couldn't even get to the inlaws garage now if I wanted to work on it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I connected the middle wire which is a ground to the other side of the amp where the negative from the battery comes,seemed the best spot for me,glad you found your part before turfing the box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts