Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering putting a set of 15" Road 6 Customs bars on my bike. I currently have the 11" road 6 bars on there. My question is, when replacing the clutch and brake hoses, can I bleed those myself or does the dealer need to do that? Ive been riding with the 11" bars since april and found that, for me, they are a little low and cause me a little bit of pain in my shoulders.

thanks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the standard you should be able to bleed them yourself. Follow the manual. Bleeding procedure is not the same as on a car. If you have the special with ABS I have heard that you will need to have the dealer do it. I would think that if you are only replacing the line from the master cyl to the module only, you should be able to do it yourself. If your doing the lowers to the calipers you might have to bring it in. My $0.02 for whatever its worth.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bled my 2011 ABS equipped Street Glide as normal; just do NOT turn on the bike. Make sure the key is off so the ABS unit can't cycle and ensure you've got clean fluid running out at the calipers and you should be good to go. At least I was, and that was over 5K miles ago with nary an ABS code/flashing light.

Can't speak to the clutch, as my '11 SG isn't hydraulic though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.