Road Glide banner

quick question on cell phone mounts

6K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  rider17 
#1 ·
Ordered the KST Spearheads for my 2020 RGS which are 1.5" but realized that all cell phone mounts go up to only 1.25". So was wondering what everyone who has these -or similar bars- is doing. Are there any decent mounts out there that I missed? Thanks in advance for any advice.

#9 ·
I looked at quad lock site and all I saw was 1.25. I could not find anything that fit 1.5.... the site you both posted still only show 1.25. Unless I am dumb of course... and that is possible...

I wanted a system to be able to do the bike and my hip. I like their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

#15 ·
DO NOT overlook the Khrome Werks mount for left or right switch housings, in chrome or black. I think it is the classiest looking, most functional mount of them all. Really well built.

#20 ·
#17 ·
I use the iO Mount sold by Klockwerks...

#26 ·
Damn...why didn't I think about that.

Reactions: 3444
#28 ·
I second this. Did the same thing and have no regrets. I leave the phone mount attached at all times since I did the powered mount, but I only put the cup holder on for longer rides or when it's hot out. With the cup holder removed the perch mount is barely noticeable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

#27 ·
That's why I went with the iron aces mount too. I figure if I have over $10k in upgrades on the bike already, what's another $100-$200 if it's a functional, quality piece that doesn't take away from the overall look of the bike. Not to mention I like that it's made in the USA.

#30 ·
I'm using the Ciro perch mount. Works great, you can mount it where phone sticks up above perch or below.

#31 · (Edited)
Well after reading all the replies on this post, ones by Tarenner and Ray26 helped, I looked into The Rokform Mount and was very intrigued by Quality and Great Reviews so I decided to purchase one.
I can’t say how impressed I am with The Rokform Cell Phone Mount.
It is very well made and I might add Made in The Good Old US of A which pulled me towards it.
As soon as I get it mounted I will report back.
Here are a few photos to start with.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 · (Edited)
Well after reading all the replies on this post, ones by Tarenner and Ray26 helped, I looked into The Rokform Mount and was very intrigued by Quality and Great Reviews so I decided to purchase one.
I can’t say how impressed I am with The Rokform Cell Phone Mount.
It is very well made and I might add Made in The Good Old US of A which pulled me towards it.
As soon as I get it mounted I will report back.
Here are a few photos to start with.
Mike U.
I'm very happy with the Rockform mount. Wasn't thrilled with using their iPhone case but now I'm a fan. Got the magnetic mount for the car and damn that magnet holds the phone!
At first, engaging the lock mechanism on the bike mount is a bit fiddly, as the magnet wants to pull the phone case down. After a while it becomes second nature and not an issue.
My only wish is they had used the same bolt pattern as the stock bolts they replaced on the switch gear, instead of the hex key. Minor nit but otherwise a great product.

#37 ·
So it’s showing my age a bit, but I chose the iron aces with the X grip because I can see my phone there without glasses. With it on the handlebar it’s too close and I can’t read it!

That was actually a big deal for me when I switched from an Electra glide to the road glide in the first place. I can read and interact with the radio on the RG but it’s a blur on the batwing fairing because it’s just slightly too close. Got to put away the bifocal riding goggles 5 years ago and it’s been awesome!

#39 ·
Iron Aces mount (have had this on my last three HD's - wouldnt use anything else). And the Iron Aces holder. They aren't cheap, but they work exceptionally well. They keep my view centered. Easy to connect USB. And no intrusive when the phone is not used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.