Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Taxxon Dynanics AK20 is the front and RWD RS-1 13 inch in the rear. Only have a few miles on it (50ish) and still making adjustments but, I can say that so far I'm very happy. The rear seems a little stiffer than I expected. It may be still in the adjustments, just not as plush as I thought they might be. The motorcycle does feel very stable on the road and doesn't hit as hard on the bumps. I don't cringe anymore when bump comes up All around it handles 1000 percent better. I really wasn't happy with Road glide at all. For the money it cost and all the money needed to get it where it should've been from the factory was disheartening. Now with the new suspension I can honestly say that its a fun bike. Very flickable and stable! Traxxion dynamics were very helpful with installation process. The same with RWD, the shocks are really a work of art. I highly recommend both companies, especially for those who like spirited riding. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I have Traxxion Dynamics Cartridges in the Front end of my Moto Guzzi V7III and they are amazing!

I've had their springs and Gold Valve Emulators installed in other bikes.

I may go that way on the Road Glide since access to the adjusters on the Cartridges would be a PITA

So far I am OK with the OEM front end on my '18 RGS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Traxxion Dynamics Cartridges in the Front end of my Moto Guzzi V7III and they are amazing!

I've had their springs and Gold Valve Emulators installed in other bikes.

I may go that way on the Road Glide since access to the adjusters on the Cartridges would be a PITA

So far I am OK with the OEM front end on my '18 RGS.
my 19 just had to much nose dive and wasn't very stable over all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if they tweaked the suspension for '19. My '18 was like riding on rails until it hit bumps, then it went straight to my spine.
the rear would bottom out and hit hard. It was miserable. To be fair, someone that rides 30/65(not aggressive)would probably never feel the deficiencies in the suspension. I do recommend everyone try to test ride with an after market suspension.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
I wonder if they tweaked the suspension for '19. My '18 was like riding on rails until it hit bumps, then it went straight to my spine.
I rode a 19 cvo the other day. Not impressed by the suspension. My bro even commented on how much better My bike rode than his cvo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You described the suspension technologies shocks to a tee.You’ll notice your shocks will really shine when you have a passenger and some windy roads. I too would tense up when I knew a bump was coming and I would prepare for it.Now I ride over them without readjusting myself. I’m glad you like your choice in Suspension. I’m thinking anything would be an improvement over stock.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
the rear would bottom out and hit hard. It was miserable. To be fair, someone that rides 30/65(not aggressive)would probably never feel the deficiencies in the suspension. I do recommend everyone try to test ride with an after market suspension.
I changed my rear shocks within 60 miles. :grin:

How did you deal with the adjusters on the Traxxion Dynamics cartridges? Do you still have access to them after putting it all back together?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed my rear shocks within 60 miles. :grin:

How did you deal with the adjusters on the Traxxion Dynamics cartridges? Do you still have access to them after putting it all back together?

the adjuster is built into the fork cap. I have to remove the plastic ignition cover but only takes a few seconds. Then a small flat head screw driver fits in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts