Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if wheel bearings can be swapped to a new set of wheels or are they a one time use deal?
considering buying some chrome wheels and wondering if my wheel bearings with 2k miles can be swapped to the new wheels ...thanks!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Get new one.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Bearings don't cost enough to justify reusing them. Leave them in the old wheels.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought but was just quoted $300 to swap tires and install new bearings on the new wheels, and this is with me taking the wheels off the bike and reinstalling ...

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
That seems a bit high. Were you wearing a kick me sign when they quoted that price?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol!! thats exactly how i felt, like kickin' this clown's arse ...plus i got the traditional ..."why are you bothering me, maggot, dont u see i'm on my cell" ...one thing's for sure they ain't seeing one red penny from me ...I'll check around.

Don't have a problem removing/installing the wheels myself but I can't do the tire & bearings ...

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Call around. Some tire shops do motorcycle wheels....... and don't be afraid to call a metric bike dealer.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definitively will check around, thanks for reminding me about the metrics ...forgot about that option

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Buy the bearing install /removal tool , and do it your self. It can be found under $100. I have a guy who changes tires for $20 , when you carry the rim in. The local dealer even only charges $35.
Definitely shop around, that whole job shouldn't be more than $175 +parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts