Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a full Rinehart 4" Slimline Dual (header and muffler) system on my 2019 RGS, including stage II torque cam and SE cleaner.

Just came back from a two-day 1100 mile trip and my ears are still ringing two days later (wore earplugs the whole way). I love a good sounding bike but at this point, need to change something out to save what little sanity and hearing I've got left.

Would like to keep the Rineharts, but I'm not sure that's doable, unless a quieter baffle insert is available? Still have the OEM mufflers too and was wondering if they might work? Thanks for any ideas and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My friend just picked up a 2015 TC Street Glide with Rineharts on it and they are extremely quiet compared to mine. There must be different baffles you can get for them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know it's apples & oranges but for what it's worth - I have a Rinehart 2-1 and while not quiet - I ride all the time with a Helmet & no ear plugs and I don't find it too loud

·
Registered
6,743 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments.

Rinehart Customer Service said they do not offer a quiet baffle for the Milwaukee 8 systems and suggested I could have the baffles wrapped in a fiberglass muffler wrap, which should mellow them out a bit.

@SteadyEddie... they're a 2-1-2 system

I'm liking @Thermodyne's suggestion to swap out the Rinehart cans for the S&S Mk-45s at this point. Wondering if anyone has done a similar swap and noticed improvement in reducing the level of highway engine drone?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Thanks for the comments.

Rinehart Customer Service said they do not offer a quiet baffle for the Milwaukee 8 systems and suggested I could have the baffles wrapped in a fiberglass muffler wrap, which should mellow them out a bit.

@SteadyEddie... they're a 2-1-2 system

I'm liking @Thermodyne's suggestion to swap out the Rinehart cans for the S&S Mk-45s at this point. Wondering if anyone has done a similar swap and noticed improvement in reducing the level of highway engine drone?
I didn't do a swap, but I run Mk45's on my 107-s2 and V&H High outputs on my 110-s4. The highway noise is day and night different. Slow seed and idle is an even greater difference. On the M8 scooter I'm worrying about wind noise, can't hear the wind on the other one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update... swapped my 4" Rinehart cans with new S&S MK45s and am very pleased so far.

Running with the db reducer installed and definitely hearing less exhaust at cruising speed. Subdued, deep rumble at idle but still barks when revved or under hard acceleration. True test will be whether engine droning is still an issue after 6-8 hours in saddle but I'm very encouraged by what I hear (or don't hear) so far!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just a quick update... swapped my 4" Rinehart cans with new S&S MK45s and am very pleased so far.

Running with the db reducer installed and definitely hearing less exhaust at cruising speed. Subdued, deep rumble at idle but still barks when revved or under hard acceleration. True test will be whether engine droning is still an issue after 6-8 hours in saddle but I'm very encouraged by what I hear (or don't hear) so far!
Keep us posted on your experiences with the new cans. I've heard good things about the MK45s, but I'm not 100% in love with the looks or sound clips I've heard online. I know that is not a good indicator though. Highway exhaust drone is a problem I tend to have after awhile in the saddle (when I have my FF helmet on), so it may be worth considering these mufflers and just getting stretched bags to cover them up :grin:

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
147 Posts
I feel your pain I have a pro pipe before you make any dramatic change go get a pasig of 3 M ear plugs they are soft rubber not foam on a tether they are shaped so you can slowly and safely twist them onto your ears you can still hear your music, talk, really drops wind and motor noise and helps with colder air blowing around in your gourd I think a 3 pack with cases 6.00 ride safe

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I would love to hear those mK45s in person don't know anyone that has em, I must say I like the look.>:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts