Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys , I have a 2010 RG 20k need to do front suspension work. Looking for ideas. I bought for Ohlins in the rear 13" still adjusting them. The Race Tech springs and emulators with the proper oil should be a improvement. Live in Western NY roads not great. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Guys , I have a 2010 RG 20k need to do front suspension work. Looking for ideas. I bought for Ohlins in the rear 13" still adjusting them. The Race Tech springs and emulators with the proper oil should be a improvement. Live in Western NY roads not great. Any thoughts?
I highly recommend the RaceTech kit. I installed the full kit on my 2010 and liked it quite a bit better than my Monotubes I put in my 2012. If you want a plush ride I would go on the lighter side of what is recommended for your weight. If you want more performance for the twisties just stick with the recommended setup. I set mine up a little stiffer at first but for everyday riding it was too stiff. Later took it all apart and set it up as they suggested and it was a happy medium. Loved the initial setup in the mountain curves though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone ridden on race tech stuff and compared to some of the higher end cartridge kits like ohlins, legend or Fox?

I imagine the cartridge kits are better but. Y how much, the race tech kit is significantly more affordable.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Has anyone ridden on race tech stuff and compared to some of the higher end cartridge kits like ohlins, legend or Fox?

I imagine the cartridge kits are better but. Y how much, the race tech kit is significantly more affordable.
I have done race tech gve on a couple touring bike with great success. I do cartridges on bikes I know I am going to be pushing in the curves.

I dont think the money difference is worth it unless you know you are going to ride that touring bike like a sport bike.

I had a local dealer trying to diagnose an issue with my Vulcan Voyager which required numerous test rides. When I stopped by for a status they were asking me what I did to the suspension because it was that noticeable an improvement over stock.

·
Registered
591 Posts
RaceTech springs and Ricor Intiminator valves in my '12. Happy with the results after going in a second time to adjust the spacer length.That part is a crap shoot but worth the effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts