Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,so here is what I'm up against.

I just purchased a DNA 21"x3.5" mammoth spoke front wheel for my 2013 FLTRX and am looking to mount a Dunlop Elite 3 120/70R21 radial tire onto it. I wanted to stay with same brand tire simply because my rear tire has LOTS of life left in it. Now I totally overlooked the radial/bias mis-match.

Now,from what I have read ( correct me if I'm wrong)....bias frt tire and radial rear tire is "OK", but not recommended. But then radial frt and bias rear is a definite NO!!

I also know that this debate has been beat to death and threads always go off track,but if anybody has ever run the combo (radial frt and bias rear),could you let me know the good and bad please...?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have run a radial rear and bias front on my Street Glide. For the most part no problems. Going around a sharp corner and deep lean I have felt kind of a mis tracking. No big wobble just didn't feel right. I have never run radial front, bias rear, But have just decided to run bias front/rear because that's what I know and am used to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been running a Dunlop Elite 3 radial on the front and a bias OEM Dunlop on the rear for the last 11K miles. I cannot feel or see any issue with this combo on my 2011 Road Glide CVO.

I'm limited in tire choices being I have 18" rims on both ends, so I experiment with different tires. For my rear, the OEM Dunlop bias last the longest with the best ride quality. I will probably return to the OEM Dunlop for the front as well unless I get far more longevity out of the Elite 3 than OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts