Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Hogtunes 200w setup, with replacement speakers. Now, I'm not getting any radio reception. I never removed the antenna connection. Anyone have this problem before? Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
These may be dumb questions but did you remove the radio when you put in the Amp? Maybe you didn't firmly reinstall the plug when you put it back? Also, I take off my antenna when I cover the bike. Is your antenna firmly attached. I find it hard to fathom that it could be anything other than that. Installing an amp shouldn't affect the reception. Adding and amp however will only make bad reception louder. Not trying to be a smart ass.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't know squat about hogtunes amps specifically, but several of the common Class D amps kill FM reception. If you're connections are good it's the amp.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
I agree with roadie13. Class D amps cause reception problems. Check all antenna connections, if they're good , try relocating your amp & wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The questions are fine. No, I didn't remove the radio or disconnect anything from it. Hogtunes makes things plug and play. The antenna itself, is tightly connected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts