Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the backlight on the radio not working last night. I really don't ride that much at night so I'm not sure how long its been this way. Is there a possible loose connection or something I can do? I am planning a trip next week and I really don't want to take it into the dealer right now. Who knows when I'll get it back.
Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Mine goes out too. The radio still works just no display. I'm waiting for it to completely stop working then I will go with a nice aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Did you go to the display function on the radio and adjust the backlight. The backlight may be adjusted to where it is off.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you go to the display function on the radio and adjust the backlight. The backlight may be adjusted to where it is off.
Interesting. I know you can adjust the display. But that only adjusted the darkness of the display it has nothing to do with the backlight. I have looked at the manual not unless I am missing something. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Always willing to learn. The backlight is the orange/red background.

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
You lost an led on the circuit board

ImageUploadedByMO Free1401660693.452501.jpg

This is what they look like in the hk deck pushing on the face will only damage the LCD face , these leds are soldered in series so if the first one burns out you loose the rest

Iron cross audio does these repairs as well as a couple of other forum members , depending on you dealer they may be able to swap you out a unit fairly quick which is their SOP

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
You lost an led on the circuit board

View attachment 124025

This is what they look like in the hk deck pushing on the face will only damage the LCD face , these leds are soldered in series so if the first one burns out you loose the rest

Iron cross audio does these repairs as well as a couple of other forum members , depending on you dealer they may be able to swap you out a unit fairly quick which is their SOP

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
LEDs on that board are in paired series. If you loose one, you just loose its pair, not all of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts