Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to buy a new outer fairing along with a new radio caddy bracket. Can anyone tell me if there are different brackets as I cannot get the outer fairing to reach the hooks on the bracket. Seems they are too short. I have a 2008 Road Glide.

TIA:confused:

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
HD did change the radio caddy bracket I believe in 2010. The only change HD made to the bracket in 2010 was they trim the front corners of the bracket because on the older RG the radio bracket would make contact with the outer fairing and cause fairing damage even to the extent of wearing holes in the outer fairing. The radio bracket should not be the issue, I would check and see if the wiring harness bundle is tucked back as far as possible, also the headlight assembly my be adjusted in to far in the outer fairing and needs to be adjusted out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HD did change the radio caddy bracket I believe in 2010. The only change HD made to the bracket in 2010 was they trim the front corners of the bracket because on the older RG the radio bracket would make contact with the outer fairing and cause fairing damage even to the extent of wearing holes in the outer fairing. The radio bracket should not be the issue, I would check and see if the wiring harness bundle is tucked back as far as possible, also the headlight assembly my be adjusted in to far in the outer fairing and needs to be adjusted out.
I will check those things and see. The bracket is from a 2008 and the outer is from a 2012 wondering if that me be this issue.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
If the bracket is from a 2008 you should trim the corners of the radio bracket. There is a sticky in the troubleshooting section under the title of " hidden fairing damage" that you may want to check out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts