Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone make a radio delete kit? i'm not much of a music person and can't hear the radio over the exhaust anyways, so would rather remove a couple pounds off the front if there is a clean way of covering the holes.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Harley does not say "Here is a Delete Kit for the Radio", but they do have a Glove Box that is used in place of the radio (for use '96-'13 model year radio). It was what was installed in the fairing for the Electra Glide Standard that didn't come with a radio. It bolts in place of the radio.

Here is the part number:
76286-96 Glove Box, (with nut clips)
Harley also offered a pouch that fit in the glove box (58313-96).

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Buddy of mine has a glove box(cubby hole) off of his 2013 Electra-Glide Police bike. I can see if he wants to sell it. Its brand new. He installed a stereo. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
a amp and a good set of speakers will help,me too love the radio

Reactions: BlkRat

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'm 46, you can't be much older than myself, wait does that make us both old guys?

I spent the first two years of ownership on my 2010 writing down p/n's of stuff that fits, and still try and journal out the options available specific to my model

good info, I never thought about actually buying a parts catalog, lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Harley does not say "Here is a Delete Kit for the Radio", but they do have a Glove Box that is used in place of the radio (for use '96-'13 model year radio). It was what was installed in the fairing for the Electra Glide Standard that didn't come with a radio. It bolts in place of the radio.

Here is the part number:
76286-96 Glove Box, (with nut clips)
Harley also offered a pouch that fit in the glove box (58313-96).
I have searched those numbers and they don't show a pic, do you know if the glove box has a door or cover?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have searched those numbers and they don't show a pic, do you know if the glove box has a door or cover?
Thanks,
No, there is not any door. It is open.
The "pouch" fills in the open box.

·
Registered
160 Posts
anyone make a radio delete kit? i'm not much of a music person and can't hear the radio over the exhaust anyways, so would rather remove a couple pounds off the front if there is a clean way of covering the holes.
I just did a radio and speaker delete. Radio mounting bracket, Radio, and speakers are a total of roughly 11 lbs of junk in my 06's fairing. Had a custom bracket built out of aluminum to mount the outer fairing that now weighs 9.7 ounces. And did my own redneck body work to fill the holes, which turned out nicely.
If you guys are still interested in the topic I would be glad to share a few pictures and be of any advice regarding deleting this foreign element.

Reactions: idahointrudr

·
Registered
160 Posts
Will do. I'm really bad about gettin on this website. I'll post em in the next few days.

·
Registered
408 Posts
on a Rushmore bike you'll get a security warning light when you don't plug anything into the radio harness.

I would hope there is something you could plugin to clear this light :/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts