Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for a new head unit, and it looks as though every display on every brand unit hardly shows up on the web page much less in sunlight on a motorcycle. My question how important is being able to see your readout going down the road, is it a big deal, or something you just learn to live with. If you know of a brand with a good readout please let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm running a Kenwood X998 and the display is somewhat readable in the daylight. But to be quite honest, I really don't look at the display at much anyways. I've read some people with Alpine HU have pretty good luck seeing the display during the daylight using white. I hope that helps you out. I wouldn't discount a HU that you really like, because of the visibility of the display.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I have the Alpine CDE-HD149BT and the display is visible in daylight but not in direct sunlight.
I'm very much pleased with this HU as it has all the bells and whistle you could want.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have the Alpine CDE-HD149BT and the display is visible in daylight but not in direct sunlight.

I'm very much pleased with this HU as it has all the bells and whistle you could want.

Hope this helps.

Mike U.

Same here. I've had like 4 different head units and this is the only one I could see in direct sunlight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
The Pioneer I just installed can't be seen during the day. It doesn't bother me cuz i have no need to look at it. I stream all my music via bluetooth from my cell phone. I also use GPS from my phone thru bluetooth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts