Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

(i posted about this in my first post in the welcome, but I am sure not as many look at it as they may here, if I am violating double post plz let me know)

I just bought this bike Friday. 2015 RGS. Love the bike, test drove it, radio worked great, gps and all. Trailered it home from TN, didnt realize I could put bike in trailer mode, so battery died from blinking whole way home. On top of that I swear I drove through 10 monsoons back to charlotte, nc. Well next morn I washed bike and put it on tinder to get some juice. After a few hrs I cranked it up and no radio. Nothing. Black as the night sky. I checked all fuses, pulled main 50amp let it sit. I have given it time to "dry out". Has been on tinder for a while now and still nothing. I am lost and seriously worried. I do not want to have to replace radio after 3 days of owning. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Ive googled and searched everywhere and cannot find a solid answer. Is there possibly a security feature that has the radio locked up?:confused:

thanks guys and gals.

Justin

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Hey yall,

(i posted about this in my first post in the welcome, but I am sure not as many look at it as they may here, if I am violating double post plz let me know)

I just bought this bike Friday. 2015 RGS. Love the bike, test drove it, radio worked great, gps and all. Trailered it home from TN, didnt realize I could put bike in trailer mode, so battery died from blinking whole way home. On top of that I swear I drove through 10 monsoons back to charlotte, nc. Well next morn I washed bike and put it on tinder to get some juice. After a few hrs I cranked it up and no radio. Nothing. Black as the night sky. I checked all fuses, pulled main 50amp let it sit. I have given it time to "dry out". Has been on tinder for a while now and still nothing. I am lost and seriously worried. I do not want to have to replace radio after 3 days of owning. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Ive googled and searched everywhere and cannot find a solid answer. Is there possibly a security feature that has the radio locked up?:confused:

thanks guys and gals.

Justin
I'd set it in the sun for a day to dry ,then call the dealership if it don't turn on. It's possible it could still be under the oem 2 year warranty.
Not being a dick, but are you sure it's turned on ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
With a dead battery a tender may not charge the battery enough. I recommend putting it on a regular charger & then have it load tested. BTW on the 4.3 if radio is off you still get the time, not sure if the same on 6.5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd set it in the sun for a day to dry ,then call the dealership if it don't turn on. It's possible it could still be under the oem 2 year warranty.
Not being a dick, but are you sure it's turned on ?
haha is what turned on? The bike? Yes it was. I held down every single button for at least 5 seconds too trying to get it to power up. Nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a dead battery a tender may not charge the battery enough. I recommend putting it on a regular charger & then have it load tested. BTW on the 4.3 if radio is off you still get the time, not sure if the same on 6.5

See I thought the same thing. When I ride the Voltmeter gauge shows it pulling over 15amps. I think thats extremely high. Not even the time shows up, but I believe youre right that it does when the radio is off. When the bike is just turned on (not running) it shows just over 12. I feel like thats normal but not the 15 while I am driving. I could be wrong though..one reason why I chose mechanical engineering over electrical...I hate everything electrical.

Reactions: sputnik

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
haha is what turned on? The bike? Yes it was. I held down every single button for at least 5 seconds too trying to get it to power up. Nothing.
The HU , I'm not sure where you turn the 6.5 HU on/off. Others should know ,who own one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts