Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has this issue or might know what could be the problem. Some times the volume on my radio does not work. I have to shut the bike off and restart and it works fine then. This doesn't happen every time but is becoming more frequent. The head unit comes on but just no volume.

Also I have installed the JM 7.25 speakers and amp. Thanks for any suggestion or advice..

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I got the same problem,.. in my work truck though :) So I guess Im no help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same problem as you describe after I put in the JM amp and speakers. I found that it seemed to happen when the bike wouldn't start very well like the battery was going so I replaced the battery. All has been fine since. I think it must have something to do with low voltage going to the amp when the starter is engaged as the amp is always on when the ignition key is turned on even if the radio is off.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Check the power connections at the battery and at the amp and make sure they are clean and tight . The amp needs 12 volt power to have the audio pass through it if there is no power there is no sound . It should not be in the head unit but you can bypass the amp to make sure .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts