Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Rain City RoadGliders! Wondering who wants to ride this year. Mostly I ride alone but it's because I usually can't find anyone that wants to ride. Always something the wives want them to do instead. I'm not married so I ride all the time. I pretty much ride every weekend that it's not raining and take out of state trips to Oregon, Idaho, Montana when the weather looks good for a few days. I also ride crotch rockets, short and long distance. Let me know if you're looking for someone else to ride with.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got my bike.....a lot of my weekends get filled up but if we keep in touch I'm sure we could make it work some time. I'm in the woodinville area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a little late in the day but Myself, a friend, Rgguy and maybe his cousin are going to ride over Stevens pass to Leavenworth then some of us are going over Blewitt pass and back home over Snoqualmie. Rgguy will be heading home back over Stevens. Meeting in Monroe at the chevron east end of town at 9:00. Any of you gliders want to join us let me know or show up and look for the black sharks at the chevron. 425-737-2276

·
Registered
90 Posts
How was Stevens Pass? Is the sand and pit run washed away yet?

The pass was very good.......except for the usual traffic coming back through sultan on Sunday afternoon.....all in all......an excellent ride and the first longer ride I've done on the new bike.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pass was very good.......except for the usual traffic coming back through sultan on Sunday afternoon.....all in all......an excellent ride and the first longer ride I've done on the new bike.

I was wondering how the traffic was. Blewitt was great. I-90 was the usual, A-hole drivers and windy as hell. Two different cagers tried to run Jay over after we split up. Had a great day though. Hope to ride with you and Vern again soon.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a ways south in Lacey but I'd be down for a decent day ride one of these days. My longer trips are usually with the wife or to visit family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you consider a long ride? I'd come down and meet up with you for a ride to St Helens or over chinook pass...or whatever. Maybe meet up in Tacoma and ride up the peninsula, or around the peninsula. I'm open to whatever.
Kris 425-737-2276

·
Registered
399 Posts
What do you consider a long ride? I'd come down and meet up with you for a ride to St Helens or over chinook pass...or whatever. Maybe meet up in Tacoma and ride up the peninsula, or around the peninsula. I'm open to whatever.

Kris 425-737-2276

I've done more obviously but a good day ride for me is generally 3-500 miles. I'm relatively new to the area so I'm up for a guided tour. This weekend is booked but I'll be in touch.

Tyler

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done more obviously but a good day ride for me is generally 3-500 miles. I'm relatively new to the area so I'm up for a guided tour. This weekend is booked but I'll be in touch.

Tyler

Okay cool. I generally keep it under 350 on a day ride. More if traveling and trying to cover some ground. PM me your number and let's see if we can get some folks together for a ride.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
25 between Randle and Cougar was always fun,, windy ridge used to fun, but deer have the right of way.
There's a cafe in Cougar. Over. 2 hrs each ways for a. 70 some mile direction. 7to12
I am sure Whitey probably runs High Bridge Rd , early mornings to test his
shifts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
25 between Randle and Cougar was always fun,, windy ridge used to fun, but deer have the right of way.
There's a cafe in Cougar. Over. 2 hrs each ways for a. 70 some mile direction. 7to12
I am sure Whitey probably runs High Bridge Rd , early mornings to test his
shifts
Have you been hearing me in the morning on my crotch rocket? ��

Might have been on high bridge rd last weekend with HardlyHarley. I know we were on w. Snoqualmie valley rd. That's nice area out there. Not a real high speed limit. twisty and relaxing.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seriously though Red, have you been on 25 last few years? It was either 25 or 99 but it was horrendous. The road had pushed up or sunk in places up to about 9". I thought it was better suited to a dirt bike. Might have been 99. I just know we headed south from Randle headed for St. Helens. Might have been after we turned off 25. There was a really nice road between Randle and Helens. That is a good ride over chinook pass. I'd like to come into Helens from the west or south if anyone has a good route. It was great scenery from the east but one nasty road. I'm open to whatever if anyone wants to go on some adventures.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
So ya never been up to Windy Ridge?

Instead of going up...go forward south all the way to the water.

If ya balls try Trout Lake up (gravel road 17 miles, or back of MtAdams ,

Being a few years, but once in '97 a deer struck us on the Ridge , we ran up and down dozens, not in the last 5 years though, there's a interpretive center on the backside of the Cater now. Ask at the bar or the gas station in Randle or the bar/cafe in Cougar

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
A more local good ride is
Towards the end of Monroe (2) , take the Road N by the Red Barn..hang rt , go around hang second rt and go up, wind up in Granite Falls near the old Spartree Bar

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So ya never been up to Windy Ridge?

Instead of going up...go forward south all the way to the water.

If ya balls try Trout Lake up (gravel road 17 miles, or back of MtAdams ,

Being a few years, but once in '97 a deer struck us on the Ridge , we ran up and down dozens, not in the last 5 years though, there's a interpretive center on the backside of the Cater now. Ask at the bar or the gas station in Randle or the bar/cafe in Cougar
Yes, I have been to windy ridge by spirit lake. One of those roads up there, when I went a few years ago was torn up really bad. Would definitely mess up a low slung sled like mine if a guy wasn't being careful. That 5-10 mile section aside...it was a great ride. Again, I'm not sure if that was NFD 25 or NFD 99

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Short notice but If anyone is interested Hardly Harley, his wife and I are leaving Wednesday morning the 14th for 4 days of riding the PNW. Ending with sprint boat races in St. John, Wa on Saturday the 17th then headed back to Seattle Saturday evening after the races. Going to try to hit Mt St. Helens, hells canyon, and hwy 12 through Idaho over Lolo Pass into Montana before the races on Saturday or whatever the weather allows. I do my best to avoid rain so the route is subject to change. Anyone that wants to join us just shoot me a message.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Y'all enjoy,
The lookout at Hells C is aw viewing
Lolo rain, shine but not in fires
Three Rivers motel is bike friendly
Kamiah bar and grill can be at times

1 - 20 of 41 Posts