Road Glide banner

Rain / shade cover

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  hoosierboarder 
#1 ·
I like to go on multi-day trips, so I encounter rain often. Sometimes it's overnight. Even if you dry off the seat, it has usually absorbed enough water to give you a wet ass.

So, looking to get a half-cover. Just want to cover the fairing & seat, really.

On my way back from Sturgis I met a group from Texas, also on their way home, in Durango. Some of them were using covers from TourKing. They had high praise for these US-made covers & the price is right.

So, anyone here using one?
Tourking.us / Ridecool.com

#5 ·
This: Cycle Shade

Made in the USA, quality product. Folds up nice and small, and has the storage bag attached. My wife bought it for me, I rolled my eyes. She was right, it's a great cover, and I leave it on the bike all the time...

#6 ·
I bought the Tour King cover about 8 years ago for my trip out west and have used it for subsequent trips. It fits well and it serves the purpose of keeping the bike covered and dry. It drys quickly and packs smaller than a pint of milk. However, it takes some time to put it on, so I would recommend something exclusive to the seat, if that is what you are trying to cool.

#7 · (Edited)
I've seen DMize use a garbage bag for the seat... But he is a cheapskate. Lol

I want to see if the company that makes the one called Sknz or something like that comes out with one for the new Sharks. I've seen them at a CVO GTG and they're pretty nice. Also pack up in a bag smaller than a 1 gallon freezer bag.

Found it. http://www.skn-it.com/collections/road-glide

#9 ·
I used the HD half cover for years. I gave it to a buddy because I wanted a full cover. Wally Mart had one for $19.95 & it packs down small, for road trips. I paid $89.95 but that was in 07 for the HD 1/2, hell it's probably twice that much now. LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.