Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to raise my bike up an inch or so front and back, stock wheels. Any recommendations on the best way to do this if it's even possible? Thanks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would like to raise my bike up an inch or so front and back, stock wheels. Any recommendations on the best way to do this if it's even possible? Thanks.
Raise it? There's something you don't hear everyday...

I'm not certain, but I believe a 21" front rim will raise the front about 1.25" or so. As for the rear, I think progressive makes some 14" shocks ( you're stock shocks should be 13"). Also, the DIY Monroe air shocks are 14" fully extended.

Edit: just checked progressive suspensions website, looks like the longest they make is 13.5".

·
Registered
967 Posts
Not aware of raise kit but 21 front and 18 rear will increase diameter from stock tires.

Wonder how will handle higher of the ground. A friend didn't lower the front after installing a 21" they like it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Rambo,

I went with an 18" stock rear wheel, and 13.5" Progressive rear shocks. You can't really go much longer on the shock, as you will begin to run into clearance issues between the axle nuts, and your mufflers. Didn't raise the front, just went with Progressive Monotubes(stock height). More suspension travel would be nice, but it is, what it is.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I don't believe an 18" rear wheel will raise the bike unless you find a tire that actually has a larger outside circumference. The only tires for my 18" rear agitator that I am aware of all have very similar outer circumferences as the stock 16" that was on my last bike.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm 6'6" and don't like to bend my knees so much - feels like a scooter sometimes. Also it keeps the less vertically inclined from asking to ride it.

But I do like the cornering with the weight down low.
Could you get a taller seat? Say what I say when people ask to ride my bike, "Go f*ck yourself" or"sure right after I ride your wife".

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
21" rim raises you about 1.25" An 18 in the rear assuming you have a 16 now will raise you about 1/2". I put 13" shocks and a 21" on my bike with stock height mono tubes. I'm not near 6'6".

This gave me more ground clearance which was my goal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts