Road Glide banner

Raising the rear, 2019 FLTRX

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  skratch 
#1 ·
Had my new bike for a few weeks now, starting to really put together a list of this I want on it. Bars (already ordered), grips (have a bit of time before the bars arrive, but Streamliners look good), etc. But one thing I have noticed is that my side stand touches the ground before my floorboards, so now I'm going to be looking into raising it a bit.

Going through the parts catalogue and looking at the bike, turns out I have low shocks on it at the moment. However the FLTRU has the raised and looks to be the same front end. Looking at it, should probably bolt up with out a problem. But wondering if other people have done this and how it affected the handling?

When I raised my Sporty, I did 2" in the front and 1.25" in the rear and it kept the handling right. Want to make sure if I raise it, it all works out.

#5 ·
After my first spirited ride with some guys I know, I might need to upgrade these sooner rather than later. Trying to keep up with jacked up Dynas and FRXs is hard work with the low suspension. Really had to hang off to keep up, so much easier on the Sporty.

#6 ·
I put 13" Ohlins on my special. They might have helped turn in a touch but still really stable. 1000 percent improvement for my spine over this stock 12" shocks.

If I were to do it again I would put longer stroke shocks than the Ohlins with the offset blocks to keep the ride height the same as with the Ohlins.

#7 ·
Well. Going to be holding off doing the suspension for a while. Currently still waiting for a set of handle bars and might be sending my KlockWerks screen back as it doesn't fit right.
Anyway, noticed a bit of movement from the rear suspension at speed. Doing about 100, around a slight bend there is a cyclic wobble from the rear.

#10 ·
Going through the parts catalogue and looking at the bike, turns out I have low shocks on it at the moment. However the FLTRU has the raised and looks to be the same front end. Looking at it, should probably bolt up with out a problem. But wondering if other people have done this and how it affected the handling?
the ultras have the same front suspension and the 13 inch shocks. so if you put 13 inch shocks, you will essentially have the same geometry as an ultra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.