Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FLTRU, 1993 FLHTC, 90TH ANNIV #352 OF 1340
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 FLTRU, bought one of the RAM cell phone mounts, really didn’t want to strap it around my handlebars, bought the mounting ear attachment with just one hole in it, was thinking of using the screw to the left of my fuel gauge but was insure of it would be solid enough to support the cell phone mount w/phone for permanent…? Suggestions on other mounting options, if you think the suggested screw would work, or…? Attaching pic
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 RGS
151 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 FLTRU, bought one of the RAM cell phone mounts, really didn’t want to strap it around my handlebars, bought the mounting ear attachment with just one hole in it, was thinking of using the screw to the left of my fuel gauge but was insure of it would be solid enough to support the cell phone mount w/phone for permanent…? Suggestions on other mounting options, if you think the suggested screw would work, or…? Attaching pic View attachment 445813
That bolt will not hold the mount and phone permanently. Maybe a few 1k miles, but not permanently!

Reactions: Timbotimmyjim

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Ram has a ball mount that replaces the acorn nut on the mirror stem. That’s what I used when I had a bike with the phone mount on the bars.

·
Registered
2022 Road Glide Limited
53 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Tread

The best phone mount i have ever used. You pull the top claw up and release when phone is placed in the cradle. Mounts to handlebars and easy adjust pivot ball to any position. Completely surrounds the phone and is TIGHT, no movement and perfect view. No way phone will accidentally release.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure I would trust a $1000 Iphone to that. I use the ball mount on the two screws that hold the brake M/C
Well, I really wasn’t crazy about the idea(hence the post) was hoping that someone might have had an idea I hadn’t thought of, just hate more crap hanging off of the bars…..

·
Registered
2022 Road Glide Limited
53 Posts
I also have a dash mount i used for a few years as I didn’t like the idea of handlebar mounts either as all i tried were garbage. I tried the one i posted when i traded in my 16 RGU for my 22 RGL and i love it. Now i realize it wasn’t the bar mounted holder idea it was the bad holders. I liked the dash mount, but the bar mount is far superior for me.

If you are looking for ideas, here are a couple pics of the dash mount that is held in place with windshield as it sandwiches between the windshield and the fairing and has a rubber pad surface that rests on the dash.
Wood Motor vehicle Table Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
53 Posts
View attachment 445819
The best phone mount i have ever used. You pull the top claw up and release when phone is placed in the cradle. Mounts to handlebars and easy adjust pivot ball to any position. Completely surrounds the phone and is TIGHT, no movement and perfect view. No way phone will accidentally release. View attachment 445820
I have one of those on my wheeler... I ride hard on some very technical trails. This cell phone holder is legit.
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here ya go. Guess I should have read the post better.

View attachment 445856
Thank you for the help, unfortunately, my 2013 fairing doesn’t have a “dash” area such as this, but I am surprised that the suction cup keeps that on there !!!!! Thanks again for answering and if u do think of something, please don’t hesitate to let me know…

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Thank you for the help, unfortunately, my 2013 fairing doesn’t have a “dash” area such as this, but I am surprised that the suction cup keeps that on there !!!!! Thanks again for answering and if u do think of something, please don’t hesitate to let me know…
It’s not a suction cup. It’s held on by 3M tape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I have already bought twice as much as what I will use from them, so I can do a little experimenting and see, LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 FLTRU, bought one of the RAM cell phone mounts, really didn’t want to strap it around my handlebars, bought the mounting ear attachment with just one hole in it, was thinking of using the screw to the left of my fuel gauge but was insure of it would be solid enough to support the cell phone mount w/phone for permanent…? Suggestions on other mounting options, if you think the suggested screw would work, or…? Attaching pic View attachment 445813
I
I have a Rokform case which is cool. It has a magnet in the back so I can just sit it on the tank and it stays. it also has a clamp for your bars, you will need to make sure it fits an it actually locks in with a twist. Very secure and easy to get in or out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts