Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this simple and inexpensive, yet good looking mod with you...
Raptor Universal Antenna model AW-RM1R
Antenna is 14" long from base to tip.

Stock View from the back:

Raptor Antenna from the back:

Stock from the side:

Raptor from the Side:

Not bad at $6.99 + Tax from Autozone and 5 minutes of your time - NICE!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I've been running one for almost 5 months and I can't tell a difference from stock either - am, fm or wb. Also works great with the tour-pak ... Simply bends to accommodate!

I'll go with a hidden antenna at some point but this works for now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Was doing a search and saw this Raptor antenna - thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
72 Posts
A friend of mine added a TourPac to his glide and naturally the stock antenna was way too long. I cut it down with a dremel grinder and reattached the rubber nub with a dab of silicone. Works the same as stock. Cost = $0.00

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Thanks WickedRican for this mod! Bought the same Raptor antenna today for my 2010 RG. I had to use one of the adapter sleeves and one of the two sided threaded things in order to fit onto the stock antenna base, but once I found out which set to use, it went on just fine, and looks great!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Anyone use this antenna with a CB? Wonder it it changes the SWR from stock.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My stock antenna was crazy long. I just unscrewed the antenna. Broke loose the set screw at the base and removed the antenna. Took a pair of wire cutters and cut the antenna down to length and reinstalled back into the base tightened the set screw and screwed it back onto the bike. No difference in reception issues at all. Best of all didnt cost a dime.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My stock antenna was crazy long. I just unscrewed the antenna. Broke loose the set screw at the base and removed the antenna. Took a pair of wire cutters and cut the antenna down to length and reinstalled back into the base tightened the set screw and screwed it back onto the bike. No difference in reception issues at all. Best of all didnt cost a dime.
....and now your are going to fry you CB on your bike, since you did not check your SWR (but since you have a RGX does not really matter for you). There was a reason for it being that long, ya know... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
....and now your are going to fry you CB on your bike, since you did not check your SWR (but since you have a RGX does not really matter for you). There was a reason for it being that long, ya know... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That might be a good point, but I roll on a older road glide with no CB. All I have is the Radio, and CD player.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Got me one of those a few years ago from autozone or some other place like that it was only like 5 bucks and dont notice any difference. I tuck it under the detachable hardware. Doesnt even look like i have an antenna

1 - 15 of 15 Posts